After the birth of my granddaughter, my mother-in-law offered us to change apartments, I did not mind moving into her two-piece, but then she announced the condition.

In this very troubled age, many people think, How to Create a Financial Security Cushion. In other words, how to protect yourself and your family in the future, because money has a strange habit of depreciation, and prices in the store are only rising. In this regard, the information field every day emerges more and more Ostap Bender, promising “very profitable proposals”, which require some “ridiculous” investments in their idea. What happens in the future, we all know.

And all right, it would be strangers, at most, former classmates-cryptomillionaires, who only now live with their parents, but soon for sure will fly to the stars. Sometimes similar ideas arise in close people. They, having listened to and read some adventurous books and people, offer to throw the last money in their pocket, and then, someday, to finally live “like people.” And then only trials, investigations and a sea of shed tears. They still want to be millionaires. You can't do that on a single salary.

No matter how I feel about my husband, I can’t take risks, especially financial ones. It is their family that constantly has some schemes, plans and the like. No wonder my brother-in-law, Colin, sits in places not so remote. But the one I understand has always been that way. Adventurer and dreamer. Another thing is that he and other people signed up for his risky deeds, for which he paid.

After the wedding, Nicholas and I moved to live with me. There were no other options. At the time, I was not embarrassed: my apartment was clean and bright. Despite only one room of footage, we both had enough. And high ceilings created a feeling of more area. Of course, at first it was difficult to let another man into your personal corner. But the husband has always been very clean, and things scattered on the floor, like the wet floor in the bathroom, are internally as unacceptable to him as they are to me.

But three years have passed, and now we have a daughter. A very sweet, calm child. I thought it was time for me to endure sleepless nights, the constant cry of a child, and the other well-known “charms” of living with a baby. But no. Lucky. Anechka turned out to be extremely understanding and not capricious. My nervous system is still fine. Yes, and the husband copes with the role of a breadwinner. Of course, I would like more money. Who doesn't?

The mother-in-law, in turn, walks just like the one started since she became a grandmother. He often comes to visit us, calls us. Trying to appease. And me first. You know why? Because this woman, I think, has a plan for a long time. Very interesting idea. How to help my husband and I live a happier and more comfortable life. Can you imagine what kind of respectable relative I have, it turns out, appeared?

So, her plan is simple: give me and Kohley their two-bedroom apartment. To live in better conditions, all together. My granddaughter is growing up and sooner or later she will need her own room. And her son's salary doesn't allow for expansion yet. Or we will be forced to take out a loan, a mortgage. Why should I do this when my mother-in-law has a heart of gold and is ready to help us? Enticing?

Not really. Where do you think she wants to go after she gets rid of her apartment? That's right, she wants to live with me. But! With one small, but very cunning condition: I will sign my apartment for my husband’s mother. And we, in turn, specifically me, on that two-room apartment will have no rights. Just the husband. Do you understand the situation?

I didn't even think about it at first. Well, exchange, I think it's okay. However, it turned out that by law, in the event of a divorce, I would simply remain homeless. My husband will stay with my mother, and my mother-in-law will not move from my native “odnushka”. How else would it be if I personally gave her all the rights? So if I agree to her terms, it will be very, very unprofitable for me to divorce. To put it more simply, it is dangerous.

But my mother-in-law doesn't seem to hear me. For quite a long time, like a tick, she does not want to fall behind me and tries to persuade me to accept her offer. Even inciting my husband, they say, if I’m thinking about divorce now, what will happen next? He even listens to her. You know, Mom. We already had a conversation with him on high tones. He's the husband and father of our daughter, don't I trust him?

I trust Peels, no problem. But his mother didn't. If that's what she wants, let's just swap apartments, no real estate rights, and that's it, let's live as she suggests. But in this moment, the mother-in-law is unshakable. She wants to be safe herself. He says it's old, so we'll update it anyway. I'm going to do my part there, too. And then bang, and I'll break up with her son. (Because statistically, women are the ones most likely to file for divorce.) And then half of her apartment will go to me. She doesn't want to.

In short, it's me who should be afraid of divorcing her son, not her. And to leave everything as it is now, in her opinion, is also stupid. Because the baby is growing up, we're all in the same room. Household quarrels, conflicts will begin. Do we need it? The same family is good, it hurts if the routine ruins it.

This woman, so you understand, at one time actively participated and promoted MMM. As for all such "ideas" - it is inherent in her character. And she won't lose hers. And now I have a new headache. My husband is itching that his mom is right and I just need to relax. Everything will be fine, and no divorces are terrible for our family. And I dismiss him and his mother because my living space is my living space. I do not want to change anything and will not. But the situation is still tense. Please advise me what you would do in my place.

Tags

See also

New and interesting