For six months in Germany, I was able to earn good money, but to my trouble I told my family about it.

“Word is silver, silence is gold.” Everyone knows that proverb. And the grandmother of my childhood friend, Liza Ivanovna, in whose family there were Poles, Ukrainians, Germans, and Swedes, often said in rhyme: “From chatter trouble will come, and silence will attract gold.”

We were interested in hearing wise sayings like “Roses grow out of patience, they give you an example” or “Silence will save gold, a stupid tongue will add trouble.” We agreed with the meaning of these expressions, but we did not always follow their metaphorical advice.

Here is what I remembered, listening to the story of Nadezhda Romanovna, her unexpected interlocutor: Last week I returned from Germany, where I hoped to earn money. A school friend has been living with her family in Cologne for ten years, is busy in the tourist business, has called several times: she sometimes needs guides with knowledge of Slavic languages. And I know Ukrainian very well, which is trending now, and Cologne studied while Sonia was there. I have Polish and Czech, and I am learning Spanish just in case. And not in case: I like to learn.

A trip to a friend, but that's not the point. It's just that I've been to Sonya's a couple of times before, but just for a week, see the world and have a friend. She refused invitations to work: there were enough reasons. And now the husband himself pushed to take our Lesya and go. Like, he is calmer when the child is not afraid of alarm sirens.

Yeah, it was fun to work with. And Lisenysh there lived in the choir and nega, which is called. Sonja and Gunther have twins Monica and Karl almost the same age, only a year older. They also speak Ukrainian, though with an accent, but competently, legibly. And German was taught to Lesya in two mouths and four hands (after all, many objects had to be given in her hands, shown, drawn - for clarity). So after a couple of months, my daughter was gasping. Now my friends here are teaching... But... How about without that but?

I will tell you: if it were not for the uninterrupted longing for our husband and homeland, for our close people, we could live there much longer. And so... So we're back. And I created a problem on my own.

We immediately went to the village to see our parents. And there is full of relatives, acquaintances - almost the wedding rolled out. Well, not a wedding, okay. But there were tents and light bulbs. People want a holiday, even though war... I also brought a lot of gifts to relatives and relatives. We were all happy, singing, joking, exchanging news.

Talking about money: silence saves gold In the simplicity of the soul, someone at the table asked me how many conventional units I had accumulated, since I distributed so generously gifts. In fact, I didn’t make much money. Excursions were rarely for the whole day or with a departure for the weekend, on weekdays I was busy only a couple of hours, so I found a remote work with translations of texts, payment is also in euros, but not by hour, but by the number of characters. Sonia and Gunther invited us to stay. They did not want to charge us, but I convinced them that I would contribute my share of the cost of food and communal supplies to the common pot.

So it turned out to collect souvenirs and save several thousand euros. The amount is far from fabulous, but until now I have not earned more than a thousand euros at home. I felt like the owner of a lot of wealth. And I was excited about that money. I'm sorry now!

I know that money loves silence. And that spread about income is not accepted. But somehow, I fell off my tongue...
The next day, relatives began to call with requests to borrow a couple of hundred euros. Toy for repairs is needed, he wants to change the car, just turns almost a new "German", but, trouble, three hundred euros are not enough. And each part promises to give... You should have heard how much resentment there was in their voices after I refused! Why couldn’t I keep my mouth shut?

Many experienced people and connoisseurs of etiquette, including consider idle discussion of someone's income undesirable, especially not to brag about earnings, since this topic can affect the feelings of those who live harder. Why excite envy or oppress someone’s self-esteem? It is also believed that if you talk too enthusiastically about earning money, the energy of the universe necessary to maintain financial success will fly away with words.

Why don't you talk about your money and keep your mouth shut?

Tags

See also

New and interesting