Why I don't cook cereals anymore, just pour water, a phenomenal way

How to cook porridge on the waterEven a child knows. Often it works like this: you put cereal in a pan, and then pour water in a ratio of 1: 2. In other words, for 100 grams of buckwheat, 200 ml of liquid will be enough. But what to do when the lights are turned off again, and the stove, the main assistant in the kitchen, is powered by electricity? Editorial "Site" There's an answer to that question.

There are cereals that do not need to be cooked. Most of them you eat regularly without even knowing it. And all because we are used to treating these products thermally. However, this is not always necessary. What are these miracles, I tell you further in the article.

We live in a time when there is no confidence in the future. This means that you need to be prepared for any conditions of survival. Earlier I told you what foods to stock up for the winter to survive even in the most extreme situations.

Among them are a variety of cereals. The main advantage of this food is that it can be stored for a long time. And she doesn't need a refrigerator. But also many cereals do not need heat treatment, that is, cooking.

Given that many Ukrainians now live with constant power outages, this is especially true. I don’t have a gas stove in my kitchen. Who knows what will happen with the gas?

To prepare certain cereals, just pour them with water. How to do it correctly and which of the porridges is suitable for this, I tell you further in detail.

What cereals don't need cooking
  1. I learned about the first cereal a long time ago, because I started making nutritious smoothies with it. It's buckwheat. I usually soak green buckwheat. It's considered more useful. But ordinary buckwheat can be prepared in this way. It is enough to pour the cereal with clean water before going to bed. During the night, it will absorb liquid, swell and become suitable for consumption.

If you cook green buckwheat in this way, in the morning it should be thoroughly washed under running water, since it forms a large amount of mucus. If you do not have time and need to eat urgently, then ordinary buckwheat can be poured with steep boiling water for 20-30 minutes. That time should be enough. In the latter case, it is best to wrap a pot or plate with buckwheat in a warm towel or plaid.

2. You won't have to mess around with couscous, either. I loved this porridge for its great taste. But what struck me most was how fast it cooked. If you do not have the ability to cook it, no problem. Just pour the cereal with water so that it completely covers it. You can use both cold and hot (boiling water) water.

After covering a pot or plate with a porridge lid and let it brew for 15 minutes. Then you can eat the porridge. Done!

3. Oatmeal is different. Oatmeal is enough to pour boiling water. If the cereal is intended for cooking, it can be filled with cold water at night or use hot water. Then the steaming time will be reduced to 20-30 minutes.
  4. Mannu porridge can be soaked for 15-20 minutes in water or milk. If it is possible to use boiling water or hot milk, it will be ideal. But without this porridge can be safely eaten. Of course, this is not the same texture as freshly brewed mankey, but in hungry times you will have to be content with what you have.

5. Also, without cooking, barley cereal is easily prepared. Pour it with hot water in a ratio of 1: 2 and let 2-2.5 hours to brew. During this time, the cell will absorb liquid and swell perfectly. As with buckwheat, it is better to wrap the dishes with porridge in a towel or plaid to speed up and improve the steaming process.
  6. Bulgur of fine grinding is enough to pour boiling water for 20 minutes. If the grains are larger, the steaming time is simply reduced to 40 minutes or an hour. Done!

7. Pearl cereal is also not necessary to cook. But it will take longer to soak it than other porridges, namely the whole day. The ideal ratio of barley and water is 1 : 3. I saw recommendations according to which spices and dried vegetables should be added to this porridge during soaking. Like onions and carrots. It'll taste good!

If you are worried that the time specified in the article will still not be enough for cooking various cereals, just soak each of them overnight. So you definitely will not lose and get ready porridge for breakfast.

I want to believe that these tips will never be useful to you in real life and very soon the situation will stabilize. So be it!

Tags

See also

New and interesting