Relative brought Lithuanian zeppelins to test, begged for a recipe on her lap

I recently came across one. LithuanianIt reminds me a lot of potatoes (in Ukraine they are also called beds). I started to Google, and it turned out that the Zrazas themselves are also from Lithuania. In its original form, this dish is prepared not from potatoes, but from meat. Lithuanian potatoes are called zeppelins. They can be done in different ways. Today I will share one of the easiest ways to prepare this delicious dish.

Classic zebelins are prepared from a mix of raw and boiled potatoes. We offer a slightly simplified version of this dish. In fact, that's why she reminded me of the beds. In this recipe, potatoes should be boiled completely. And put the filling inside not raw, but ready. What will happen, read further in the article.

The ingredients
  • 1 kg of potatoes
  • 2 eggs
  • 400g mince to choose from
  • 1 bundle of dill
  • 1 bulb
  • 400g wheat flour
  • 0.5 tsp salt
  • vegetable-oil

Preparation
  1. First, peel the potatoes and boil them until ready. Don't forget to salt the water first. Cut the finished potatoes in mashed potatoes, add the eggs and stir. Then grind the dill and add the greens to the potatoes.

2. Gradually introduce flour into the mixture, stirring the dough after each addition. The flour may need more or less. Focus on the state of your test. It should be such that it can easily sculpt zeppelins.
  3. From the finished dough, form a sausage. Cut it into identical pieces. Make the size so that the resulting zeppelins are in half of your palm. But this is a matter of taste: someone likes a slightly larger format, someone, on the contrary, a smaller one.
  4. Clean and grind the onion. Heat the vegetable oil in the pan and roast the onions until golden. Then add mince to it and roast it until ready.

5. Make cakes out of potato blanks. Put some meat stuffing in the middle of each and stick the dough like it's a dumpling. Then make them into cakes. These are the zeppelins.
  6. Boil the water in the pan and add the zeppelins. Cook them for a couple of minutes when they surface. Serve a dish with homemade sour cream and roasted squarks. Bon appetit!

Lithuanian dish: editorial advice If you want the dish to turn out really tasty, use good varieties of potatoes. Long lying in the cellar potatoes in this case is certainly not suitable. Try experimenting with a zeppelin filling. It can be not only meat, but also mushrooms or cottage cheese with greens.

If you decide to make zeppelins according to the classic recipe, catch the recipe from the main hostess of our editorial office Anastasia Chubar. She advises working with potato dough quickly so it doesn't turn gray in the process. Aesthetics are as important as taste!

Nastya also told how to make traditional pebbles with meat filling. These are all variations of the same Lithuanian dish. Only the technologies of preparation of the test and filling differ.

If you cook a dish according to one of our recipes, be sure to share your impressions in the comments. Bon appetit!

Tags

See also

New and interesting