How to make fries in the oven: it looks like McDonald’s

French fries are my husband’s favorite food at McDonald’s. We rarely go out to the cafe to indulge in fast food. And recently this has become impossible. Even before the closure of the famous fast food chain, food was turning from mouth-watering hot potatoes and a hamburger into something unappetizing. And cold fries are sad and tasteless. How does McDonald’s fries taste so good? When I was little, I tried to make French fries at home with my dad. Unfortunately, the taste made me very upset. But now that I have tried different methods of cooking, I can confidently tell you how to make French fries at home. It tastes just like McDonald’s.

When you order French fries at McDonald’s and see the cooking process, it seems that the potatoes are fresh. That's not exactly true. All fast food restaurants use blanks, and potatoes are no exception. In fact, a long way of cooking is carried out at the factory for the production of semi-finished products for McDonald’s restaurant.

Potatoes of a certain variety are sorted by size and cleaned mechanically. Then the potatoes are cut using special grilles, and the straw is sorted by size. To make the potatoes golden, it is treated with a natural sweetener, which when frying gives a rosy crust to the potatoes.

In addition, the potatoes are treated with sodium pyrophosphate so that during transportation and storage, the fries do not darken. But that’s not all: potatoes are slightly deep-fried for a few minutes and only then frozen. From the factory, potatoes sorted into large packages are sent to fast food chains. Store such a workpiece in the freezer for 12 months. The whole process can be easily repeated at home and if you want to make a bag of workpiece for fans of fries. This is a recipe from a friend who worked at McDonald’s for 5 years. And at the end of the article I will tell you how to cook low-calorie fries at home.

The ingredients
  • 1 kg of potatoes
  • 1 liter of water
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1 litre of vegetable oil
  • salt

Preparation
  1. Peel the potatoes and trim the edges of each root crop so that a rectangular flat block is obtained. Then cut the potatoes with straw. To make French fries faster, you can organize a small french fries workshop at home. While one person peels potatoes, another cuts the vegetable with straw.

2. When the straw is ready, pour cold water into a deep bowl or pan and pour all the potatoes. Wash the potatoes in water several times, or better yet, leave them in water for 20 minutes to release the starch. The better the potatoes are washed from starch, the more delicious they are.
  3. In 1 liter of water dissolve 2 tsp of sugar and send potato straw there.

4. Heat the vegetable oil and put the potatoes in it. Now, if you decide to make a blank, then after 2-3 minutes, transfer the undercooked potatoes to a paper towel. Cool it and put it in the freezer. Then, when you want fries, it will be enough to lower the workpiece in the deep fry for 3 minutes.
  5. If you want to eat fries immediately, cook the potatoes longer, about 5-7 minutes before the formation of a golden crust. Then put the potatoes on a paper towel and salty. Bon appetit.

In 100 g of fries contains 340 calories. Potatoes infused with oil cannot be considered healthy food. In 100 g of raw root crop only 77 calories. This means that if you cook potatoes correctly, you can eat them without fear for your health and figure. So I'm used to cooking fries in the oven.

Potatoes turn out to be the same crispy and rosy, and at the same time for 100 g of the finished product contains only 100 calories, which means that you can eat such potatoes 3 times more. You will need to prepare a potato straw and wash it well in water. Then pour the potatoes into a deep bowl and add 30 g of vegetable oil. Spread the potatoes and cook them in the oven at 220 degrees for about 30-45 minutes.

Tags

See also

New and interesting