Instructions for cooking dumplings from potatoes

A week ago, I went to visit a friend of mine who was in high school with me. Leyla is a gypsy by birth, and by education an economist; at the same time she works in the Roma Theatre “Roman”: she sings, dances, and in her spare time pampers home and guests with delicious dishes, as she is a cook from God.

It was from her that I first tried hearty and very tasty zeppelins. Who doesn’t know what it is, I tell you: zeppelins are so big. potato-dumps. The dish is from Lithuania.

DepositPhotos

The name “zeppelins” appeared in the First World War, when huge German airships flew over Lithuania all the time. They were manufactured by Zeppelin. Huge dumplings of grated potatoes with meat or cottage cheese filling strongly resembled clumsy airships. Therefore, they were given the name “zeppelins”.

Zeppelin dough It is made from raw potatoes with the addition of boiled potatoes. And potatoes should be chosen very carefully - sprouted or sluggish will not work, green potatoes are also not suitable.

Today's edition. "Site" tell you, How to make zeppelins. Husband says they're way cooler than his favorite dumplings!

DepositPhotos

How to Prepare Zeppelins Ingredients
  • 600g raw potatoes
  • 200g boiled potatoes
  • 300g ground meat
  • 100g bacon and lard
  • 2 bulbs
  • 1 tbsp potato starch
  • 1 tsp salt
  • chili
  • flavorful

Preparation
  1. Cut the bow finely. Mix the onions with the mince. Sprinkle, peep and mix thoroughly.

2. On the smallest grater, wipe all the raw potatoes. Grated potatoes will necessarily go away with liquid. At this point, put the largest pan on the fire, after filling it with water. And while it boils, squeeze the grated potatoes through the gauze. Don't pour the liquid, we'll need it.

3. Boiled potatoes in uniform, peel off the skin. Make the boiled potatoes puree and add it to the grated potatoes.

4. Meanwhile, the liquid squeezed from the raw potatoes settled, and starch settled in it. We only want him. So drain the liquid carefully. Add to the mixture of potatoes starch, salti and peppery potato mass to taste. Stir it up carefully. This will be our dough.

5. To test whether the resulting dough is suitable for sculpting zeppelins, set up a small experiment. First, form a small ball from the dough. Put him in hot water. Wait 1-2 minutes. If the ball did not break up, then the dough turned out. If not, add some starch and experiment again until the ball retains its shape.

6. Wet your hand with cold water, scoop up a handful of potatoes and form a cake. Put the mince inside and tighten the edges, forming a zeppelin.

7. In a pot of water, add starch, stir, bring to a boil. Put the zeppelins in a pot of boiling water. Cook the zeppelins until popping up, then another 15 minutes.

8. Now we move on to making the sauce. To do this, cut the bulb finely, as well as bacon and lard.

9. Lard and onions go to the frying pan. In the end, you can add sour cream to the sauce, but this is not necessary.

10. In a small but deep plate, lay out the zeppelins, and then pour them with a sauce with onions and squarks. As a supplement to the sauce, use sour cream. The dish may look unassuming, but its taste significantly exceeds all expectations. Bon appetit!

Pay attention, the better the potatoes - the more delicious the zeppelins will turn out. And more: you need to work with raw potatoes as soon as possible so that it does not have time to gray - otherwise the view of the dish will be completely unappetizing.

Zeppelins are so fond of my homemade that I cook them for the third weekend in a row! It's delicious. bacon It will quench your hunger and cheer you up; be sure to try it.

And don’t forget about toasted squares – here they are also in place! And if you have your own interesting recipes of dishes from potatoes, be sure to share them in the comments.

Tags

See also

New and interesting