In a post without baking do not sit, make a lush cake with banana and chocolate, eggs do not use.

The other day I cooked a very A simple banana and chocolate cake. I share this dish right now because it is lean. There's really one thing about it. I used aquafaba for cooking. What it is and how to use this miracle fluid in practice, I will tell you more today. Of course, I’ll also write a recipe for dessert. It'll be good!

I learned about aquafabe relatively recently. When I switched to a vegan diet, the question arose as to how to cook pastries. After all, almost always in pies, muffins and other delicacies you need to use eggs as a bonding element. It turned out that instead of eggs fit. The liquid that remains after cooking any legumes. In fact, this is the aquafab.

How does it work? I cook chickpeas (it makes the best aquafaba) or beans so that after cooking there is liquid. Then I let the legumes cool in this water, and then drain it through a small sieve so that there are no particles of chickpeas or beans left in the aquafab. The liquid will look pale and cloudy - that's normal. It must then be cooled in the refrigerator.

I usually cook legumes in the evening so that aquafaba stabilizes and cools as much as possible overnight. In the morning, ready-made raw materials for cooking sweet dishes will be ready. Since aquafab concentrates a large amount of protein, it beats as well as egg whites.

Properly cooked aquafaba (I confess, I do not always do this, there are nuances) can be whipped to a state of solid peaks. So you'll get a cake cream, for example. I prefer to whip it to increase in size, while leaving it quite liquid. Then you'll see it in the photo.

I've cooked at Aquafab many times. And not only ordinary cakes, but even biscuits for cakes. In confectionery, in order to properly stabilize aquafaba, xanthan gum and wine stone are added to it at the tip of the knife. But in ordinary household cooking, you can do without these higher materials - checked by me.

The ingredients
  • 150g whole wheat flour
  • 150g rice flour
  • 50g dark chocolate
  • 1 banana
  • 150g sugar
  • 200 ml of vegetable milk
  • 100ml aquafab
  • 0.5 tsp soda
  • lemon juice

Preparation
  1. The first thing I do is whip aquafaba with a mixer at medium power. When it starts to foam, I add parts of the sugar and keep whipping. Gradually, the liquid whitens and increases in volume. Then I add about 1-2 tsp of lemon juice and continue whipping aquafaba at the highest power for a few more minutes. At this stage, I turn on the oven 180 degrees.

2. Next, grind the banana with a blender, add it to the aquafaba and pour milk into it. This time I used rice, but any plant will do. Now I sift through 2 types of flour into the liquid. I like to make a mixture of rice and whole grain, but ordinary wheat is also suitable.
  3. I beat the dough well and add soda quenched with lemon juice. Then I add the chopped chocolate. I like it when the pieces are big enough.

4. I pour the finished dough into a form covered with parchment paper for baking. I used a shape measuring 24 cm by 19 cm. The height is approximately 5 cm. I bake a cake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes. A simple banana and chocolate cake is ready! It is best to let it cool completely and then cut into pieces. I put it in the fridge overnight and eat it in the morning.

When I first tried to whip up aquafaba, I did it without any special instructions. I just happened to find out that the liquid from the boiling of legumes has protein properties, and decided to find out if this is actually true. Since then, my endless experiments in the kitchen have begun. I hope my experience inspires you to do your own cooking.

By the way, in the dough cooked on aquafab, you can add any filling. For example, sliced bananas, nuts or dried fruits. From aquafaba, you can cook not only biscuits and pies, but also, for example, soufflé. On the link you will find a detailed recipe for Maria Lipskaya, a vegan pastry chef from Russia. Take a look at her page to expand your culinary horizons. That's interesting!

Tags

See also

New and interesting