Unbearably afraid, every day I wake up and fall asleep in fear, I do not know how to cope with it.

Lately, I am increasingly afraid of what the future holds for me. The war in Ukraine, environmental problems and complete uncertainty about the future prevent people from living fully. But I know that fear is normal. There are so many people like me. It really doesn't make it any easier. There are different ways. How to overcome fear. At least that’s what the experts tell us. Today I will try to understand this topic and help those who need it now.

People who happen to be in the conditions of war, must remember one important thing. Fear, anger, anxiety. normal reaction to an abnormal situation. Since the human psyche is in total stress, it experiences a serious load.

The emotional state of people changes daily. Some people adapt to new conditions of life faster, and others more slowly. During this period, it is very important to treat yourself as carefully as possible and track the emergence of new emotions. It is important not to drown them out, but, on the contrary, to live each of them.

It has been a month of heroic struggle of the Ukrainian people for their freedom. Both fighters, volunteers, and civilians managed to survive the full range of possible emotions. However, in many people there is still fear. The real threat to human life is in the air and does not allow to live normally. What can be considered a normal life now?

Fear mobilizes the human body. This is necessary for any further action to be effective. At this point, the “fight-run-freeze” mode is activated. However, if the fear is too strong, people often fail to think critically and act appropriately. Instead of saving ourselves, we are in even greater danger.

If you are in a situation where you find it difficult to cope with yourself, here are some recommendations. First, stop for a second and remember who you are. You're much stronger than you think. And right here and now you need to pull yourself together for your own good and the good of your family and friends.

Pay special attention to how you breathe. There is practice. square. To do this, slowly breathe in on the count 1-2-3-4, pause for 1-2-3-4, exhale for 1-2-3-4 and pause again for 1-2-3-4. At the same time, psychologists advise to draw a square with your eyes. In addition, you can take a slow breath on the count of 1-2-3-4 and exhale twice as long by 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8.

If you do not need help, but someone from your loved ones, during practice, take the person by the hands and accompany his breathing with words. It is necessary to speak aloud every step of breathing and its count. In terms of physiology, square breathing works like this. When you breathe out the air slowly, carbon dioxide levels rise and oxygen levels decrease. Thanks to this, the heartbeat returns to normal much faster.

Peels Account is needed in order to activate thought processes. So you switch from the emotional to the rational.

Fear is felt on a physiological level. In addition to the rapid heartbeat, there may be a noise in the ears, the legs become cotton, and the eyes darken. You seem to fall out of objective reality. Therefore, the main task in this situation is to return to it. It helps you answer simple questions: what is your name, where are you, what day is it?

To get grounded, we can use another practice. rule. For example, remember the 3 names of flowers or trees. Find around you 3 things of one color. You can also touch 3 different surfaces and feel different textures.

If you have the opportunity, use your voice to the maximum. Scream as loud as you can. Singing also helps to cope with anxiety and fear. It doesn’t matter if you have a vocal background, just sing. Ukrainians often sing the national anthem of their country. Among other things, it also raises morale.

To relieve bodily tension, you can simply feel yourself. Also helps alternation of tension of all muscles of the body and their relaxation. If possible, do a couple of lymphatic drainage exercises. My colleague Galina Pashinskaya wrote about how to perform lymphatic drainage jumps.

Any physical activity during stressful situations will be beneficial. Running, squats, dancing, and even regular floor washing can help relieve stress and relieve your head. I sincerely hope that you will not face the animal fear that millions of Ukrainians feel every day. Anyway, it is important to know how to deal with this feeling. Take care!

Tags

See also

New and interesting