There are a lot of homeless people in our area, I want to help them, but I don’t know how, we understand what can be done.

In our daily activities, we often do not notice the people around us. Rarely do we care about other people’s lives, and even less so about the homeless people we pass by every day. There are many of them, and often they need help.

Today's edition. "Site" How to deal with the homeless and how best to help them.

We have a lot of bias against the homeless. To be honest, I suffered from it. But one day, I came across an account of a man named Nicky who helps homeless people and talks about it on Instagram. Then I realized that you can’t judge just because they’re less fortunate than others. Many homeless people are on the street through no fault of their own. No one has the right to think he is better than them.

This is especially true now that each of us is at risk of losing our homes to war. We can all find ourselves in a difficult situation and not find the strength to rise. Therefore, we need to become more human today and stop just passing by every time. But what exactly can be done? Let’s share with you the advice that Nicky gave his followers.

The life of the homeless: how to behave
  1. No money. The first rule to learn is that under no circumstances should you give money to a homeless person. Giving money is helping the system, not the person. Better to offer food, clothes, hygiene products. In general, anything but money.

2. Come and offer food or water. Homeless people are always thirsty or hungry, even if they refuse. They are constantly malnourished. If a person refuses to accept help, just leave the food nearby and walk away silently.

3. Don't ask too many questions. It may sound pompous, but it is important to remember this. If you want to communicate, do it gently and delicately. You don’t know what situation a person is in. At the first meeting, ask your name only to start a conversation. Don't tell me if it's real. Unnecessary questions can push, a person can close.

Treat the person as he or she has indicated. Don't ask him about life on the street. Communicate on abstract topics until the person himself does not want to open your soul.

4. Don't make promises. You can't be sure that you keep your word and everything will work out. It is better not to make promises at all, so as not to disappoint the person again. It could break his last hope of getting off the street.

5. Keep your head cold. Remember, these people have a hard life. Their stories can be shocking. They are full of pain, suffering and injustice. They make you want to scream. You have to be prepared for this before you start talking. Keep your mind sober.

6. Remember responsibility. If you want to be friends, always remember your responsibility. We all attach ourselves to those who are good to us. The homeless are no exception. If you get a man to you, don't disappear without explanation. Because of this, it may close forever.

What can you do to help? Do not throw away good food that you do not have time to eat. Collect what you're willing to share. Pack it in a bag and sign "Food for the homeless." Then hang the bag on the trash can or hand it over. That would be a great help.

Talk to the people around you and tell them about the lives of the homeless. Of course, not everyone will rush to help, but some will at least change their attitude towards these people. Trust me, that's a lot. If you want to learn more about helping the homeless, I recommend that you subscribe to the account bezdomnie.ua. There's a lot of useful information.

Each of us needs to be kinder to ourselves and others, then the world around us will slowly begin to change. Start with yourself and never stop. Keep your humanity and help to the best of your ability.

How do you feel about the homeless?

Tags

See also

New and interesting