My husband’s sister stuck a crying child under my nose and told me that she had nowhere to go, she should become the mistress of my grandmother’s house.

“My husband’s grandmother left him and his sister a house with two entrances. It is a very spacious house where two families can live. The house was not in the best condition, but Oleg decided that we will repair there and move from a rented apartment, recalls Marina.

Recently, her husband’s sister was in a difficult situation, and Marina agreed to help her. And after that, she was not happy that she responded to the difficult request of a relative.

The mother-in-law immediately refused the inheritance in favor of the children, especially since she was used to living in the city. And our husbands joined forces to strengthen the foundation and fix the roof. It took a lot of money. After we finished insulating the house, Vika refused to invest in this hut on chicken legs, and her husband only shrugged his hands. This is where our joint construction ended.

Oleg and I were going to live in this house, so we continued to do renovations in our part of the house. We repaired the bathroom, insulated the floor and made cosmetic repairs. Despite the fact that we got into debt, the repair was completed in 4 years. We came to the construction site every weekend, sometimes after work in the evening and finally achieved our goal. This year we moved into a new home.

Oleg's sister lived in the city with her family. She vacationed abroad every summer and lived chorusily, abandoning her part of the house. She was never interested in how we were doing or how the repairs were going. And then she gave birth to a child and went on maternity leave. Within the four walls she was cramped, and Vika remembered her part of the house, from which at any time you can go out into the fresh air and walk in the woods.

Over the years, her home has become damp and uninhabitable. When she arrived with her suitcases, she did not expect that there were no living conditions in the house. She asked me to let her in for a week. I had to let him in. And then I realized that I had made a big mistake.

Vicky's baby is running around the house screaming, and I work remotely. After a couple of days of this madness, I couldn’t stand it and went to a friend for a while. And then I stayed a month because my mom needed help. I forgot about my husband’s sister, I thought I would come to an empty house and rest. I was surprised when I met her at home!

She did not begin to repair her home. In my house, she behaved like a housekeeper, cooked something, scattered her things. I immediately asked her when she was going to leave. And Vika told me that she had a small child, and she had nowhere to go. Then I offered to take her to the city, but Vika didn’t want to leave: “This is my home, after all.” But I reminded her that her house is across the wall, let it live there.

Then Vic began to beg Oleg to let her stay. But he was against it, too. Then Vika left, but with her family and friends, she began to come here occasionally and throw parties. We are now building a fence to separate ourselves from our sister.”

Life wisdom and the advice of the editorial board It is easy to rake in the heat with other hands. Maybe Oleg's sister thought he'd renovate both parts of the house at his own expense, but his brother was smarter. This story teaches us to confront the audacity of others and defend our interests. Not for that Marina and her husband gave four years of life to the construction of a house, in which then wanted to settle Vic. But if Marina and her husband were softer in nature, they could quite put a idle dependent on their necks.

Tags

See also

New and interesting