I thought my mother-in-law was a dandelion and did not wait for a trick, but after hearing it I walked all day like a bruised lightning bolt.

Not always the relationship between daughter-in-law and mother-in-law is cloudless. And so we can understand the relief of our subscriber, who before the wedding was in a good relationship with the future mother-in-law. However, further developments have shown that this was self-living.

And today's edition. "Site" I will share this story with readers to reflect on how the mother of a young man is doing in this case. And what should our heroine do, who completely disagrees with such a sharp turn?

Our relationship with Kirill developed systematically for almost 2 years before we decided to tie the knot. My relationship with my mother-in-law was good, even good. I treated her with respect. She never even made any remarks in my direction, never caused problems, Diana writes.

“I was delighted when my mother-in-law assumed the costs of our modest wedding. My mom and dad only paid a small fraction because the finances were tight. They were also happy with how things turned out.

Before the wedding, I lived with my parents. Kirill lived with his mother, they have a large three-bedroom apartment. And after the wedding, I moved in with him. I thought it was normal for me to live with a loved one. But then my mother-in-law said she wanted to talk to us seriously.

Honestly, she and I have communicated as well as we can. Therefore, I could not imagine that our conversation would go according to some unpleasant scenario. I had no idea it was going to be something serious.

“The mother-in-law began the conversation from afar.” She remembered that she single-handedly raised her son, how she put him on his feet, how she invested all her strength and money in him. Then I remembered that she helped him get a good education and get a job. I didn’t forget the wedding she spent the money on.

After that, she stated that she had fulfilled her duty to her son completely, so there is no need to be offended by her decision. And she wants us to look for separate housing, rent or take out a mortgage. They lived separately and did not count on her help. Because now she wants to live for herself.

As I sat with my mouth open, my mother-in-law continued that the doors of her apartment were always open to us, that she would be glad to see us at her house. And immediately warned that if we have children, we will raise them without her help, because she is not a nanny, but a grandmother. Please bring your grandchildren sometimes. Babysitting them all the time, never.

I began to say that this is now our house, but Kirill did not let me finish. We went to our room trying to digest everything we had just heard. I just caught my mother-in-law saying that when we're her age, we'll understand.

That's a lot of applications! Everything was fine, communicated like decent people, and then it hit her head. And Kirill, a little silent, took the side of his mother. He is now actively looking for where we can move. It also suggests that I would like to find a job.

What about the honeymoon? Shall we spend it in some removable shack? And the mother-in-law, meanwhile, will be in a three-bedroom apartment "living for herself"? “Is that normal?” asked Diana.

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? Perhaps the mother-in-law should have warned the young of their intentions in advance. We hope that she will give her son and daughter-in-law a little time to recover and find a worthy place for further independent life.

But on the other hand, isn’t your mother-in-law right? Doesn't she really deserve to live for herself? And let young people at first it will be difficult to cope with themselves, but they are independent people, which means they will succeed. And they should not be offended by an elderly woman.

Tags

See also

New and interesting