Mom sold her grandmother's house in the village and called my sister and I to announce how she decided to split the money.

How to divide an inheritanceSo as not to harm any of your relatives? Perhaps not everyone can solve this problem with an asterisk. Some of your family will be offended. But there are times when this resentment is quite justified. In a similar situation was Anna, the heroine of today's history. What happened and why the question of inheritance divided all members of her family, read further in the article.

For the last 5 years, my mother looked after my grandmother. I know it was very hard for her because Grandma needed special care. When she stopped getting out of bed, her mother almost never left her. My sister and I did everything we could to help my mother. They bought food and gave money if needed. Well, somehow we did.

Grandma passed away recently. Since none of us claimed her house in the village and did not want to live there, my mother sold the house. After a successful deal, my parents invited my sister and I to decide how to divide the inheritance.

But it turned out that my mother had already decided without us. She wants to split the money she made from the sale not between me and her sister, but between our children. Only that kind of perspective doesn’t attract me at all.

The fact is that I have a son Vanyushka, and my sister has three children: daughters Katya and Masha and a younger son Olezhka. I love my sister and nephews a lot, but I think it's not fair. It turns out that my sister will still get more money, and I will be left with nothing.

I don’t know why we should divide the inheritance between our grandchildren. Their support lies on the shoulders of my parents, that is, me, my sister and our husbands. It makes more sense to think about us and our children. We will decide what to do with the money.

I tried to convey this idea to my mom and dad, but they just don’t understand me. They say that grandchildren are most important to them. My sister chose not to engage in open conflict. She is now avoiding the subject in every way possible. This is not surprising, because thanks to the decision of her parents, she will remain in chocolate.

Her children are too young to handle the donated money. So anyway, the lion’s share of the inheritance will still be at its disposal. And Vanyushka and I have butter.

I’m really sorry that my parents didn’t talk to me. They don’t even try to analyze what I say and offer. My sister is now playing silently with me, avoiding meetings. Our children used to meet often and spend time together. And now it's like she doesn't want them to see each other. This is so stupid!

I don’t want my family to get upset over money. But it seems to be too typical a problem. A friend of mine recently told me that her mother wouldn’t let her inherit from her grandmother. She says she needs to earn it first.

Maybe it's time to start dancing with the drums so my family can hear me. But I'm afraid that won't help either. I have no idea what to do in this situation. I'm desperate! How do you explain to your mother that she is doing the wrong thing?

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? Perhaps this story perfectly illustrates that it is better never to count on inheritance. You should not entertain the hope that when one of the relatives goes to heaven, he will leave behind a mountain of money. Even if that happens, you may end up with almost nothing. We hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

In search of options, how to properly divide the inheritance, you can quarrel with all relatives. Is that money worth the nerves and broken relationships? We firmly believe not. It is better to solve such problems peacefully, to seek compromise. What do you say?

What would you do if you were the main character? Boldly share your ideas in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting