The mother alone inherited all of her father’s property and refuses to share it with us.

“A year ago our father passed away. We are still living through this loss. My father was sick for a long time and we were preparing for the worst. My sister and I are adults and we have our own families. We have to move on, raise our children. Our mother decided to live on, which, as it turned out, left all the inheritance of the father to herself, says Vera.

Vera is now 30 and her younger sister is 25. Both sisters have children and husbands. Although Vera and Nastya are already adults, financial assistance for none of them is superfluous. And their father was well-off. When he died, his wife inherited his three-bedroom and one-bedroom apartment of his parents, as well as a country house. This conflict erupted when the children learned that they would not inherit anything from their father.

I have to admit, my sister and I did not expect this behavior from my mother. She was widowed a year ago, but it was probably easier than me and my sister. I say that because my mother decided very quickly what to do with all the property. She had already planned everything, had not discussed it with anyone, and informed us of her decision, simply by putting it to the facts.

In his father’s family, everyone was not poor, until his death he was in a good position. My dad always had a rainy day stash. Unfortunately, a dark day for him came very soon, when Dad sold the car to pay his hospital bills, but nothing helped him. When doctors told him he didn’t have much time to live, he banned the sale.

My mother now lives in a three-bedroom apartment with my younger sister, her husband and child. The mother rents a one-room apartment so that there is something to pay off debts, because she has been retired for several years. My husband and I live in an apartment for which we pay a mortgage.

Six months later, my sister and I decided we could share my father’s inheritance. It would be possible to exchange a three-bedroom apartment so that mom and sister and family live separately, and we could use help. Everyone would be happy. One day we all got together, and my mother herself started talking about moving to my father’s room so that my sister could start doing repairs in the nursery, because she is waiting for replenishment.

Then Nastya said that you can not rush to repair. When we share the inheritance of the father, we can think about moving and then make repairs in a new apartment. Mom was surprised that her sister wanted to move out, and then she said that we would not receive any inheritance.

“When Dad realized that he had little time, he transferred his property to me. You are young, your whole life is ahead of you. Build houses, buy common housing, and in old age I will divide the inheritance equally among you. Now I will rent the apartment, as before, and this, three-room, I will not sell. Here I lived the best years of my life with your father.

To say that we were shocked is to say nothing. My husband and I calmly reacted to such an antics, my husband does not need a stranger, we will somehow cope. Nastya's husband stopped communicating with his mother. The sister is very upset, she also sat for several months at the bedside of her father, did not leave him. And that's how he repaid her. All right, apartments, but could I give the house to my sister? ?

Wealthy people often deprive their children of inheritance. They will be successful and appreciate what they have. And if you feed children from a silver spoon, they will simply waste their parents’ money and will not learn to earn themselves. They're right about something. An adult should be able to take care of himself, but there are times when help does not hurt. Would you spoil the kids' apartment? Probably not, but it would be easier for them to live apart from their mother. Depriving children of their inheritance is better than letting them waste their money. That's probably what Vera and Nastya's mother thinks. Maybe he really wanted the kids to be independent. What would you do in such a situation?

Tags

See also

New and interesting