How to make a fish cake

I had a long relationship with my mother-in-law. Exactly until I tried a fish pie at my friend’s and learned to cook it myself.

My husband’s mother was so delighted that she immediately called me the best mistress and forgave all her past sins.

Even those who do not like fish will appreciate the taste that it gives to the cake as a filling. In combination with baking, this protein food is perceived very differently.

DepositPhotos Fish Pie Ingredients for Test
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • 1 pack of dry yeast
  • 4 tbsp flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 180g butter
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp salt

Filling ingredients
  • 600 g of pike fillet (can be replaced with sea fish)
  • 200 g of sago cereals (can be replaced with regular rice)
  • 3 heads of onions
  • salt, pepper to taste

Preparation
  1. Dilute the yeast in warm milk. Add a tablespoon of sugar. And leave the mix for 10 minutes.

DepositPhotos
  2. Beat your eggs with a second spoonful of sugar. Then add them to the diluted yeast.

DepositPhotos

3. Ask for flour. Add to it a liquid mass, previously melted butter, vegetable oil and salt. Mix the dough and put it aside for 30 minutes to fit.

DepositPhotos

4. After half an hour, wash the dough and again put aside.

DepositPhotos
  5. Prepare the filling. Cut the onion with semi-rings and roast it in vegetable oil until golden.

DepositPhotos

6. Boil the cereal. Then mix it with the toasted onions. 369190

DepositPhotos

7. Cut the fish fillet into small pieces.

DepositPhotos
  8. Divide the dough in two. Each roll in the same size layer.

DepositPhotos

9. Put the first layer on the oil-lubricated batter. On top of the dough lay a uniform layer of boiled cereal. Then pieces of fillets. Send them over and over. And cover it with the second layer of dough. Connect the edges of the pie.

DepositPhotos

10. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 180 °C in a preheated oven.

DepositPhotos

That's enough. fish-cakeIt’s something that every diligent hostess can cook. And if not every house has sago, this cereal can be replaced with rice. Fish pie with rice It'll taste just as good. Bon appetit!

If you like fish, you can use our other recipes: capelin or sushi cake.

Tags

See also

New and interesting