The art of making oriental sweets at home, in a regular kitchen

Today my home for tea is waiting for the East. sweetness. And not purchased baklava, but homemade. The other day I asked for a recipe from a coffee shop pastry chef. We tried a similar baklava once in Turkey, but this one is much tastier.

Today's edition. "Site" Share the preparation instructions porcelain with nuts and sweet sauce. It's impossible to break away!

Oriental sweetness with nuts Ingredients for dough
  • 200 ml of warm milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 120 ml of vegetable oil
  • 450g flour
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • pinch
  • wheatstarch

Filling ingredients
  • 300g walnuts
  • 1 egg white
  • 150g melted butter

Ingredients for syrup
  • 500g sugar
  • 500 ml of water
  • 0.5 tsp citric acid

Preparation
  1. To prepare the dough, mix warm milk with melted butter. Add an egg and 1 egg white and do not forget about a pinch of salt. Pour apple cider vinegar and stir everything with a silicone spatula.

2. Pour the flour and mix the dough with your hands. The dough should come out soft, pliable and should not stick to the hands. Collect the dough in a lump, cover it with a lid or towel and leave it for 20 minutes.

3. To prepare the syrup, pour sugar into the saucer, pour it with water and add citric acid. Cook for 20 minutes on medium heat, stirring periodically.

4. For the preparation of filling grinding with a knife walnuts. Add egg white to the nuts, stir.

5. The dough is divided into 5 parts. Each of the pieces roll into a ball. On a dusty wheat starch table, roll the dough very thinly.

6. The rolled layer of dough is collected in a dense harmonica, while leaving 0.5 centimeters free on each side. In the middle, at regular intervals, lay out the filling of walnuts.

7. Carefully cover the filling with free edges of the dough, and then cut everything into portion pieces. The edges of each piece are cemented, forming a kind of diamond. Put the blanks on the pan, and then pour each of the pieces with melted butter.

8. Bake in a preheated to 180 degrees oven for 45 minutes until ready. While the sweetness is hot, pour it with syrup. From above you can sprinkle crushed pistachios. Leave the pastries on the baking pan overnight for soaking. 13617.

9. That's it, sweetness I'm ready with nuts. Bon appetit!

And to read more about the recipe, watch this video from a delightful cook-channel Yasemin Gotovit. There is no recipe, it is truly a masterpiece of cooking!

about:blank

I also suggest reading the recipe of the Oriental test A’jineh Mwarraqah from a friend of a student from Syria. Baking always turns out to be hearty and delicious!

For some reason I always thought that baklava is very difficult and long to cook. But after this recipe, I was convinced that it was just easier to prepare. The process itself test-work and the formation of bahlava meditative and creative. I really liked it and I recommend you try cooking.

In the cafe where they shared the recipe with me, this delicacy was called baklava. But if you know the exact name of this oriental nut sweet, please write me in the comments. Thank you in advance!

Tags

See also

New and interesting