Tested soap nuts: applications and results

There are many ways to use nuts, and how it is effective, practical and justified, I share with you in this article.

What are soap nuts

Despite the fact that they are called “nuts”, it's the berries/fruits of the tree Sapindus Mukorrosi that grows in the mountains of Nepal and India. And used by local residents as Soaps in everyday life. Here are some ways to use soap nuts:

1. Washing

Take 3-7 nuts and put in a bag. Put the bag in the wash.

Nuts effect only in warm-hot water, so you need or in hot water beforehand to wash or to make a concentrate of soap nuts.

How to make a concentrate of soap nuts

We will need:

• 7-8 cashew nut
  • 1 Cup water

This proportion for me, as experience shows, is a great option. I usually make 4 cups at a time.

Instructions:

1. Add the soap nuts in water and bring to a boil.

2. Reduce the heat to low and leave to simmer lightly for at least 30 minutes.

3. Cool. I do it without removing the saucepan lid. The longer to cool, the better.

4. Drain.

Depending on the room temperature, the concentrate can be stored for about a week.If you put in the fridge — much longer. How much? Don't know, a month in a glass jar — then just the smell and the texture you will understand. You can add ascorbic acid as a preservative.

Another idea is to freeze the soap nuts concentrate using the form for ice. I like this option the most. These frozen cubes are then very convenient to use while washing or washing the floor.

Wash with soap nuts

How many times can you use nuts?

4-7 times for standard American cars, much more for Japanese housekeepers, but it depends on the size of the load.

Here it is also worth considering the temperature of the water. During hot washing the saponins (foaming detergents) stand out more than when cold, respectively, and to melt away the nuts will be faster.

The remains of the nuts can not be thrown away, and collect in quietly. Then the total number of such residues is enough for a full bag for the following washings.

Something my nuts don't foam, they do something?

No, soap nuts will foam less than store-bought powders, BUT this does not mean that they are worse than wash and wash and care for your linen.

How to check whether to preserve the remains of the nut in or out?

Squeezing the nuts and see if there is or foam or a thick liquid. If so, you can use more, if not something to throw away.

Suitable nuts for washing in cold water?

Yes, but only only, you must first soak the nuts in a small amount of hot water, and then add the soapy liquid along with the nuts in the wash. This can be done immediately before washing or use a prepared liquid concentrate of the nuts.

In General, saponins, as I said, the best stand in the hot water, so the best option is a hot or warm water for washing.

If too lazy to bother with soap nut concentrate, then a cold wash choose another option — for example, my favorite natural washing powder, prepared with his own hands.

Do you need conditioning to soften in the wash?

No, absolutely not necessary. Nuts — two in one clean and care for linen!

What about stubborn stains?

Here I would recommend to soak separately or locally on the stain use the stain remover before the main wash. Yes, nuts is a wonderful alternative to commercial powders, but not a panacea for all spots of a century ago. Even when using conventional powders we still optionally, add some stain remover.

Do I need to remove bag of nuts from the washing machine during the rinse?

No, not necessarily. If the rinse is cold water, you can not remove. All remnants of saponins washed away with the clothes and nuts.

What is the shelf life of nuts? They go bad?

No, dry is not spoiled, they can be sticky when very moist air, or smell strange, but it does not affect their cleaning properties.

Can I use soap nuts for baby clothes?

Yes, of course. For children and Allergy free soap nuts — just saving! They are hypoallergenic and natural, do not contain any weird chemicals.

Baby cotton diapers commercial powders leave residue on this fabric, because until the end powders are not washed out. As a result, the diapers lose their ability to absorb. Or worse — irritate the delicate ass kids. Plus, soap nuts are perfectly cope with the “baby” smell.

Washing results before and after

To

After

The stain is gone!

To

After

Great! Purity!!!!

To

After

A special difference do not see.

About socks. The difference is minimal. The spots are gone, the socks are not white.

Pros.

• they are natural and hypoalergenic

• they are environmentally friendly and completely safe for septic systems and cottages

• they do not clog the threads of the fabric, and Vice versa, even able to wash all the accumulated balance accumulated after use store-bought powders.

• it is convenient to use (especially if smallcity nuts into a powder or freeze the aqueous concentrate in ice cubes).

Cons.

Not as effective as powder for very dirty Laundry (socks, spots) or natural Laundry detergent. In most cases, you have to keep the water temperature was hot or in advance to make the solution concentrate of soap nuts.

Conclusion.

Soap nuts — my first choice for delicate washing, washing underwear or lingerie for kids. For socks, and stubborn stains I have not used soap nuts.

2. Detergent.
The solution concentrate of soap nuts can be used as a universal detergent for dishes, kitchen, toilet, shower stall and even vegetables and fruits. Soap nuts are naturally antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial properties.

To clean glass and Windows - in a glass of water about 4 tablespoons of concentrate of soap nuts and 4 tablespoons of vinegar.

To

After

To

After

Pros.

Natural and eco-friendly. Clean excellent!

Cons.

Not particularly noticed, except that you need in advance to make a concentrate and store in the fridge.

Conclusion.

Liked — everything is clean and shiny without any chemicals!

3. For a shampoo.

Soap nuts can be suitable to many of us. Thousands of girls around the world is absolutely in love with the shampoo from soap nuts — this is judging by the reviews and comments I've come across.

How to make shampoo from soap nuts:

1. To prepare a concentrate of soap nuts. (see above)

2. (optional) Beat until foamy in a blender or with a hand mixer

How to use a shampoo from soap nuts:

1. Apply a concentrate of soap nuts for hair

2. Leave for 5 minutes

3. Rinse with warm water

Pros.

• shampoo from soap nuts is completely natural, use it without guilt
  • shampoo from soap nuts is two-in-one — shampoo and conditioner. Although after washing the hand and drags for conditioning, but trust that as soon as the hair dries, you will not regret it.

Cons.

• there is no effect of the softness, like shampoo

• you need to do in advance every time

• find the recipe you need to individually

Conclusion.

I am for individual care! Nuts for you personally may be the panacea for hair loss, dull hair and skin problems of the head. And you will adore them, or you will hate the soap nuts. Try for yourself, when mixing the concentrate with water you'll have to find a proportion that suits your hair, you need to consider a PH, it will take time and you may have to go through a few bad experiences, until you pick up your formula care. I sometimes use a concentrate of soap nuts as a shampoo, but more often as a shower gel.

I've only tried some ways to use soap nuts, but there are many others, for example:

4. For cleaning jewelry.

Immerse the jewelry in a solution of soap nuts for a few minutes and RUB using a toothbrush. Remove, rinse and Polish with cotton cloth.

5. For Pets.

A great alternative to commercial shampoos for our Pets that are more sensitive to hard chemicals. Again, pick the proportion of the concentrate soap nuts and water individually.

6. Shaving cream.

In a blender or with a hand mixer, the concentrate of soap nuts to use immediately.

Tested soap nuts: myths and reality:published

Author: Nadia POS

Source: zdoroviestranici.blogspot.com/

Tags

See also

New and interesting