Goodbye, shampoo! Forever!

Perhaps many will remember (and someone will tell mother and grandmother) that back in the 50s of the last century it was decided to wash my hair every two weeks. A washing hair every week, some considered too frequent. I remember when I went to school, we have a family Sunday was bath day, and we washed the head, too, once a week.

The arrival of modern shampoos, of course, pleased with the Soviet woman. They were so fragrant, foam. Just lovely, especially compared with our remember such in glass bottles? Those are absolutely not foamed. When I was in high school, it is sometimes noticed that by Friday the hair were not so clean, but it still would not let my mother wash your hair as often as you want. I do not know why, but it was taken from us.

And Mr. Vidal Sassoon opened a whole world for us. "Wash your hair as often as you want it" - he said, and suggested that women buy new shampoos and conditioners. Perhaps this was a marketing ploy, and not taking care of our beauty. With the new setup, women and men began to wash your hair more often, almost every day, and so - and buy shampoo more often. That's for sure - "gold mine"! It is easy to calculate that sales fell swoop grow 7-10 times! After all, hair is washed more than once in 1-2 weeks, and 7 times a week.

All anything, but the main consequence of more frequent washing of hair - is not only and not so much empty wallets. Although it is frustrating to know that someone on our desire to be pretty good profit. The main drawback of the modern approach to hair washing - is a significant deterioration in their condition. Stories about the grandmothers of the Russian villages in which old age had spit thick as a fist - this is not the myths. Ask your family, look at old family photos.

Finally convinced me to try "life without shampoos» Photo 30 x 40-ies of the last century. Beauties of those years show a gorgeous hair, it is worth to take into account that the shampoo in the modern sense of this product then do not! Especially in Russia. In general, up to the 1930s, women did not use shampoo. It was decided to wash your hair with soap every two weeks, and even earlier, in the beginning of the century and completely washed their hair once a month. But the photos of those years did not indicate that the hair of women of that time somehow need more frequent cleaning. So why do we need right now to wash your hair every day, if the hair of the women look thick and shiny without any additional styling tools?

Daily washing robs hair of natural oils which provide shine and protection, harsh chemicals that are part of shampoos, attenuate the hair and scalp dried. Such a problem like dandruff partly as a consequence of the frequent use of shampoos, ask again at their grandmothers - dandruff of the last century and never heard of. The more often we wash hair shampoo, the more we lose the natural sebum production, and we have it with renewed vigor to make, filling losses. That is why modern women hair becomes greasy early as 24 hours after washing. The circle closes: more than fat - often wash, and wash more often - more fat. In addition, with age, fat production slows down somewhat, and women over 40 get a grand dryness problem, which is aggravated by daily washing of the head.

What solution? Yes, the question arises - what is the solution? Do not wash your hair like it is not hygienic. Pollution is now stronger than ever, and abandon the more detergent will not work. I tried that here - the rejection of the purchased foaming shampoo, use of natural recipes and as infrequently as possible. And now I report back that I got.

What home remedies to replace purchased shampoos? So, if you refuse to shampoos, it is necessary to them with something to replace it. I used just one recipe, but there are many more. Therefore briefly offer you a choice of several available recipes:

1. Soda. You can take as much soda as can fit in the palm, add water, and this gruel to wash the hair roots. You can prepare a mixture of long-acting. To do this in a bottle pour half a cup of baking soda and add 4 cups of warm water. Shake well and keep in a bathroom. One of the most popular recipes for hair washing soda is as follows: the above-described composition of the massage the scalp, rinse with warm water and rinse with natural vinegar. This so-called gypsy method. Vinegar should be - a quarter cup, if you have short hair, and half a cup, if you have long hair. Such washing hair get used immediately, but about a week after three or four hair adapt, and wash your hair you will not be more than once a week.

2. Soap. Buy soap in a shop of organic cosmetics, in pharmacy or for those who make home-made soap. Mix equal parts of this soap and water, but instead of water better to use a variety of herbal teas, they give a great smell. Add two teaspoons of tea tree oil, it helps get rid of dandruff, and even lice. Ingredients ready.

3. Aloe Vera. Very simple - delicately massage in aloe vera juice into the scalp. This method is also a fact that eliminates dandruff, prevents hair loss, increases blood flow, normalizes pH level.

5. Calendula The bank put the dried marigold flowers (you can prepare yourself, or you can buy in the pharmacy), pour the olive oil, that it covers flowers. Close and store in a dark place for 2 weeks, shaking every day. Then strain the oil, add vitamin E (a natural preservative) and use as a regular shampoo. About the benefit of olive oil is known to many, but this adds to the marigold-inflammatory, antifungal and antiseptic properties. 6. Coconut oil is a great scent and care provided by your hair. Mix coconut oil with herbal tea, then massage into the scalp and rinse well, the hair will be shiny and silky.

Personal experience:
And now I tell you about their lives without shampoo. The experiment began this way: three times a week I washed her hair with a mixture of baking soda and water (1 tablespoon to 1 cup of water, increase the concentration of soda is not desirable.). Gently massaging the scalp with a mixture. The hair along the length did not touch. And after all the hair from root to tip washed with diluted apple cider vinegar (2 tbsp. Vinegar 1-2 cups of water).

First week: "Horrible, but I'll stay!»
At first, like many beauty-warn Blogersha hair adapted. And isolated even seems to have more fat than usual. That is where a fortnight hair was actually fatter. But the problem was solved ponytail, as well as hats and handkerchiefs.

Second week: "It is better, but there is still a lot of fat»
I was afraid that it would be an unpleasant smell from the hair. But it seems that this is nothing more than a delusion, at least, I did not feel any smell. Yes, and how it will be, I rinsed hair, soap, brushing clean comb.

Third week: "Class! The hair is not as easy, but it has much thicker and do not require daily washing »
Frankly, the most difficult - the first few days. I really wanted to take a fragrant foam and shampoo, but I held on, and then it became easier and better, somewhere on the 9th day. Sometimes I washed them every 3-4 days soda, sometimes simply rinsed with water, air conditioning several times with water, sometimes in the soda adds a few drops of tea tree oil or olive oil.

Week four: "What you need! Now there is a shine, healthy look, the touch - pure silk »
! The first change I noticed after three weeks of abstinence from this shampoo. Hair became very pleasant to the touch. Such heavy, smooth. More hair is noticeably thicker. Rather, it is the result of natural oils that now remain on the hair and are not washed off during washing. Of course, no dryness and no static electricity and split ends, and this is an obvious plus. Prior to that, the hair had a slight wave, now they are clearly heavier, and no undulation, therefore, probably, the method can be recommended to those who want to calm their unruly curly hair.
As soon as I use a hair dryer, the hair becomes much worse, so now I practice exclusively natural drying at room temperature. Perhaps a small disadvantage is that the hair is slightly darker, it is a fact, but it's also can be attributed to the results of the natural oils.

Two months without a commercially available shampoo, "I never would have thought it would be so cool. The scalp breathe and rest, do her hair as a baby - soft and shiny »

By "new" hair needs to get used to. They are now a few others. That is silky, heavy, shiny, slightly zhirnovat to the touch, not the feelings after the daily use of shampoos. But I like it, I feel like skin that has become a natural beauty, vibrant.

I'll be back to purchase the shampoo? I do not know if only in very rare cases. I now can travel a week without washing your hair easy. One time, I confess to you, use a shampoo, very much wanted to smell flowers. But then he realized how wrong because immediately remembered all the discomfort: dry skin, itching, small dandruff some .... No, it is only natural ingredients please me and my hair. I am ready to live without purchased advertised shampoo and possibly even without air conditioning. And I advise you to follow my example. If you are afraid of the first "fat" week - try life without shampoo on vacation, in the country, it is worth it!

Tags

See also

New and interesting