The fortune teller ordered the ivy fence outside the house to be removed, but I love her too much

Evergreen hedge A great alternative to traditional materials. It looks beautiful and natural, and it is not difficult to do. In this article, we will talk about how to use ordinary ivy for a perennial green hedge, as well as the superstitions associated with this plant.

Evergreen hedge Ivy (Hedera Heli) is a persistent plant that does not shed leaves and It continues to turn green even in the cold.. The long-term effect of temperatures below -25 ° C ivy is unlikely to tolerate well, but in general, frosts are not afraid. Making a hedge is quite simple. If we are dealing with a fence from the net, along its perimeter you only need to plant ivy shoots. The optimal interval between shoots is about 30-50 cm.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by garden_art (@__garden_art)

In the first year when the ivy root system develops, it will grow rather slowly. But with the arrival of next season, he will accelerate significantly, and by the third season he will completely master the grid. Ivy is very easy to reproduce shootsIt takes root quickly. You just need to sprinkle the soil with a stretch of escape and provide watering.

A post shared by House Garden and giving design ideas (@dom.sadidacha)

Ivy is also non-stop in care. There is no need to prune - you can only guide those who are deviating to the side (flowers). The plant is honey-bearing, but begins to bloom at the age of 10 years. Flowering occurs in the autumn months - September and October. The berries are ripe for winter. They eat birds, but they are poisonous to humans.

A post shared by Anna Makhlin (@ann.makhlin)

It should be borne in mind that Ivy will not like it on the south or southeast side.. Moreover, the scorching sun will burn the leaves. Ivy does not tolerate more than 3-4 intense solar activity. Therefore, it is better to make an ivy hedge on a shaded plot. For example, where the house casts a shadow.

A post shared by Elena Borovskaia (@alenkamurenka)

Ivy without problems fixed on any surfaces Thanks to its mini-roots. For example, in England, ivy is popular not only as a hedge - it almost completely covers some houses. Many people think it looks pretty gloomy. But for me, it's not bad to decorate the dacha. There is no need to worry that the ivy will damage the surface in any way. On the contrary, it will even shield the walls from the influence of atmospheric factors.

A post shared by @ib_garmoniya

Folk signs and beliefs I can not ignore such a delicate topic as ivy-related. The fact is that people are often afraid to start a hedge of ivy because of superstitions. Here are some of them:

1. Ivy is an energy vampire that sucks positive energy out of the occupants.
  2. The whip that winds on the wall steals the happiness of an unmarried girl, prevents marriage.
  3. As for married women, ivy allegedly drives a man out of the house.
  4. Ivy depresses the nervous system and makes melancholic people even more joyless.
  5. If a large healthy plant suddenly falls off a liana, it promises problems with finances in the house.

A post shared by Elena Borovskaia (@alenkamurenka)

Believe it or not. - a personal matter. It seems to me that if a person sets himself up for trouble, then they will happen with and without ivy. My relatives around the private house for 10 years there is such a hedge of ivy — all live happily and together.

Like you. hedge Ivy? Do you believe in signs? If you have had experience growing such a plant or creating a hedge from other species, be sure to share in the comments. We'd love to hear your opinion!

Tags

See also

New and interesting