What to answer if the mother-in-law accuses of frivolous behavior

As you know, family It is personal and sometimes very confusing. Family people can sometimes wonder how it could happen, because you have known a person for many years. One of those stories I would like to tell you today.

We recently received a letter from a wonderful reader who would like to tell about her not too joyful changes in life and the reasons that led to them. Next, we will write on her behalf, name and other data she left.

Family and family relationships: Now I’m a single mother. The ex-husband lives apart to my indescribable joy, and the child with me, That's better.. Did I really think I would be happy about this? Of course not. But life often changes everything and turns it upside down.

We met a long time ago, during our student years. We talked, studied, walked together. Then, when it became clear that we were attracted to each other, they started dating.

He's very. nicely courted At first I had the impression that he had peeked at this style in some prim romantic films or old love books. I felt like I was his first and only girlfriend. It took a while to move in. Or rather, they didn’t even move in, and he moved into an apartment that I inherited from my grandmother.

During all this time, I did not know his parents and for the first time I was “lucky” to see them exactly the day before submitting documents to the registry office. Well, first impressions can sometimes be deceptive, but it was wrong-handed.

The father of my then-young man was dressed in home clothes, but in fact they were dilapidated, crumpled rags of unknown age. It was especially strange in the background of a clean apartment with obviously recent renovations. The future mother-in-law, on the contrary, looked like a proud woman, knowing her own value.

Her impressive dimensions gave her a man not fragile mental organization, but a woman who not used to rejection And then there's the squabbling in front of anyone. After a quiet “Hello” from the father of the family, the mother went on the offensive and began screaming furiously, pointing her finger at me.

In general, her words boiled down to the fact that I am not from the class, I have not yet taken a walk, and I probably just want to take them to my raking hands for a long time. flat. I have already taken away the main property, and now it is the turn of everything else.

After such “fiery” speeches, I had no choice but to take a taxi to my home. My husband came and talked to his parents and seemed to calm them down.

I don’t want to tell you what happened at the wedding. My husband’s parents and relatives kept separate from my parents. They had their own.little partyThey didn’t even go to the dance floor. Moreover, hobbled by the end of the celebration, the mother-in-law called his childhood friend to her husband and that almost the rest of the evening did not leave him. Everyone laughed at his jokes and jokes.

Oh, come on. It didn’t bother me then, it certainly doesn’t bother me now.

What finally broke my faith in people and my beloved husband? I'll tell you. Financially, we were doing well: he, like me, earned enough money, there was no need to pay for the apartment, and routine affairs, in principle, did not bother us. Cleaning and housework. lightly.

My mother-in-law would come to my living space once or twice a week, and every time she would make minor remarks, giving me a check. Then the floor is badly washed, the bed is not cleaned (she would know why), and the son in a crumpled shirt; once even poured fresh soup, which, according, proxies.

My husband did not react to this case at all and advised me to do the same. Like, come on, she's an old woman, boss. She is used to communicating with subordinates, so she does not let go. Get in the situation and just ignore it. Well, I tried.

Then pregnancy. It took away a lot of strength and a lot of health pregnancy, because of which I sacrificed my favorite job. And what you wanted, my profession involves constant learning new techniques. Get out of it for a couple of years and then back in. practically impossible.

The husband who took me and my son from the hospital was in the seventh heaven of happiness. He just glowed with joy: son! But it didn't last long. After a couple of days to visit the grandson came the parents of the husband and then began the worst.

That's all. storyteller? No, you saw the potato nose! This baby is definitely not from you, son. Take a look. He looks more like your neighbor, honestly. He's not ours, I'm telling you, not ours. I am not going to call him a grandson! The mother in her repertoire screamed like a herd of elephants.

Just this time, it was like something clicked inside and I lost my temper.. I would never have expected such a three-story mat from myself. In short, somehow I drove the mother-in-law and her husband out of the apartment and drove them all the way out of the entrance. I couldn't see them again. Just like hearing your husband's apology.

But I can’t call further events anything but a collapse of trust. My husband disappeared after work. And not with friends or even girlfriends, but in the parental house, as he said, to help with the housework or repair the faucet. He came late, usually tired and thoughtful.

A couple of months later, I noticed him. I compare my face to that of my son. in the bathroom in front of the mirror. It shocked me, and he offered to do a paternity test. I cried all night. A week or two later, he remembered the examination.

To all my assurances of mutual trust and the impossibility of intrigues on my part, he replied quietly but assertively: “You need to do a test, why don’t you want to?” As you can see, he got his way.

I remember that morning very clearly and well. The husband came cheerful, waving certificates from the hospital. I even bought flowers. He didn't even immediately understand why his things were packed and standing in the corner, on the doorstep. And when it came to him that I was banishing him, he began to get angry first, and then begged me to forgive him and let him stay.

After a couple of days, the prayers outside my apartment's door intensified: it was already his parents, led by his parents. mother. She told me not to do stupid things and not to leave the child without a father, but I didn’t care. The divorce took place and I am now officially unmarried.

I don't know how friends and acquaintances see it, to be honest. I don't care.. I can't live with a man who doesn't trust my word, his child's mother's word. And this is not false pride, but the usual balanced decision of an adult. I'm not going to be an old maid for the rest of my life. Just now my man will be a responsible, independent and adult man. I don't want my mother's son.

We were very impressed by this story and we sincerely hope that all will be well for these people. What advice would you give a young mother about her life?

Tags

See also

New and interesting