The story of the mother-in-law, who pushed her grandson for two weeks and scolded that she was not raising him correctly

A small grandchild is a blessing for every grandmother. Only the relationship with children directly depends on whether it will be possible to visit the grandson. Anything can happen in life, and it is very lucky for those who can ask for help from their parents. Today we will tell the story of a reader who looked after her grandson for two weeks not according to parental rules.

A couple of weeks ago at ten o’clock in the evening my son called me. He said that Ruslana, my daughter-in-law, was taken away by an ambulance, and there was no one to leave the baby with. On the way to the hospital, my son brought a seven-month-old grandson to my house with the words: “Get help, there is no one else to help.” Naturally, I agreed. My relationship with my daughter-in-law is not close, but not bad.

My grandson was the only one who kept me from his birth. I have repeatedly offered my help to young parents: what can help, I say, with cooking help? They didn't want to, so I stopped imposing. The last time I saw Gleb, my grandson, was at the beginning of spring. Rusya is a girl with a difficult character. Especially when everyone was told to stay at home, she panicked about washing the house with bleach. I never went to them. I called a couple of times, but they refused.

So they bring me a grandson with all the things: clothes, jars, toys. Kolya said, “Let me put the ball on and go.” Rusya puts his son to sleep like this - pumps on fitness ball, otherwise he will not fall asleep. I said there's no time for this nonsense, let him go to his wife, so we'll manage. I took a couple of vacation days at work this morning at my own expense, explained everything, they went to meet me.”

My daughter-in-law called me five days later to see how the baby was doing: Sleeping well? How do you feed him? - and a dozen more questions from a worried mom. I calmed her down, I said it was okay. The first night was tough, but we did it. The grandson shouted so that the neighbors ran away, but then realized that the little child, and endured. On the third night, the child fell asleep. I'll pat him on the back, lull him, and he'll sleep.

My daughter-in-law did not believe that I could put my child to bed without any balls. I did not buy baby food from the store, I cooked everything at home. Vegetables and fruit purees are much healthier when they are fresh.

As a result, I babysitted my grandson for two weeks, and the daughter-in-law not only did not say thank you, but made a scandal. That's not how I look after the baby. Accused me that the child was already under stress, and I applied my methods in the wrong time. Now I'm not allowed to see my grandson. But I'm sure I did the right thing. There is no need from infancy to indulge the whims of a child. You'd better listen to me.”

Who is right in this situation and who is to blame is difficult to say. Is it bad that Grandma agreed to stay with her grandson? And who is to blame for not raising a child as parents do?

Tags

See also

New and interesting