Secret milkshake in the Soviet

I think many people of my generation, one of the "Goodies" of the Soviet childhood was a milkshake. He was white, sweet, thick like cream, rich and with tight bubbles. In Vorkuta it did in the store "Juices-Water" and juice-wadowski sections of grocery stores. There stood gray metallic trecroci mixer with Nickel-plated cups, which roared like a turbine.

There was a stand with three glass cones. Bottom of cones have been the taps. And the cones were different juices. Usually drink Apple peach with pulp and the cheapest birch (also with pulp). Often tomato. And stood a salt-cellar, from which the fingers take a pinch of salt tomato juice. But this is adults. I haven't seen children who drank tomato juice.

The cocktail was doing in front of you: the salesclerk poured in large Nickel glass milk bottle with a wide neck, closed by a lid of aluminium foil, threw two balls of ice cream, wickrema them out of the fridge with a special spoon, and poured from a measuring Cup some syrup — usually Apple or pear.

Then the glass was installed in the mixer, he started to howl, and we had a painfully long wait until cocktail get whipped. And here's the moment of bliss! Which quickly ends. What a pity that glass faceted glass is impossible to lick the inside! And sometimes casually, when the refrigerator was already prepared mixture, which needed only to beat.

And then the Soviet Union ended. And ran out of milkshakes. Mixers without glasses long lonely stuck out in stores. Then she was gone. But there was EVERYTHING! Well, so it seemed, at least. A few years later appeared the money for it all. Or at something. And in a cafe there — SHAZAM! — milkshakes.

I wanted to remember the taste of childhood and I tried again. Tried two. Tried three. It was not quite the cocktail! It was just sweet milk with foam on top! I thought that the case in the weak Chinese mixers, which are at a café and bought a special powerful mixer for the cafe. After hundreds of times doing in front of me! I wasn't expecting a trick. But I waited... Nothing came of it.

It was sweet milk with foam on top. I put in lots of ice cream. I shook for ten minutes and milk embossed grains oil. It was a fiasco. I've admitted defeat. Mixer gathering dust in the closet.

But one day, in the beginning of the Millennium, at the grocery store on Vasilievsky island in St. Petersburg, I saw an old Soviet mixer, in which the real Soviet saleswoman did almost a real cocktail. Time has not spared him. It was a nasty pink hue, taste and smell from the imported syrup. But the consistency was right!

As Chinese companies find and raise talentsdon'T MISS out! Tomorrow, November 14 — SUPERMOON

I clung to the shop in like a tick. She was silent as a partisan. But I was entsefalitnye. She revealed to me a terrible secret. Remember the nasty crunch of crushed ice in the bottom of the glass? That's the trick. Milk must be from the freezer! If the milk from the fridge — nothing. And in the freezer milk is easy to perepoloshit, so the cocktail is often across the ice. Here's how simple when you know.

I quickly obpilsya milkshake mixer and left to gather dust in the closet. I often shared his discovery with the clerk fuflovyh cocktails, but alas, interest in this trick they did not cause. Don't want this secret to come with me. Here it is you.published

Source: timeallnews.ru/index.php?newsid=23912

Tags

See also

New and interesting