This beet soup with a rich taste and aroma of crazy is a good example of that healthy food can be not boring and mundane. In fact, there is nothing special about the soup of beet would not have been if not for a surprisingly good combination of the main product with ginger and orange.
For this soup need a sweet salad beetroot, fresh ginger gives the dish a light pungency, and fresh orange juice – a pleasant sour note. The smells of the trio blend very harmoniously, and the butter gives beetroot soup with orange and ginger silky. In General, it is something! Very simple but impressive dish that is great warm and uplifting!
The beet soup with ginger is very rich, concentrated flavor, and, oddly enough, it is quite hearty. I would not have mastered a regular plate, so I served it in small bowls as snacks. Cold beet soup was equally delicious, so you can take note: this is a great summer cold soup with ginger and orange, which can be served on a buffet table in shot glasses.Ingredients:
- 2 beets medium size
- 1 orange
- 3 cm ginger root
- 1 small onion
- 50 g butter
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Beets clean, wrap in foil and bake in the oven preheated to 200C.
Small beets will take 40 minutes, better than a major cut in half or into 4 pieces, and wrap each in foil.
This can be done in advance, baked beets can be stored up to 2 days in the refrigerator, in this case at the right time cooking beet soup would take 15-20 minutes.
2. With orange to remove zest in long thin strips. Squeeze juice. Onion peel and cut into small cubes. With ginger to remove the peel, RUB on a small grater.
3. In a saucepan with a thick bottom, melt half of the butter. Put the onion and fry on low heat. It should become transparent but not brown. Add ginger, sauté for 2-3 minutes.
4. Beets grate on a fine grater. Add it to the pot along with orange juice and zest. Fill with water to 5 mm covers the contents of the pan. Bring to a boil, add salt and pepper, cook for 3-5 minutes, the smell is well blended.
5. To remove the zest, beet soup poured into the bowl of a blender or food processor, add the remaining butter and carefully whisk until smooth.
If you want, you can wipe the soup through a sieve, then you get a lush, creamy mass, but I do not began to beet soup saved "relief".
6. Return the soup puree of beets in a saucepan, over low heat bring to a boil, turn off the heat and let stand, covered 5 minutes.
Feeding beet soup with ginger and orange in small bowls, garnished with orange zest.published
Author: Olga Kozakova
Cook with love !
Also delicious: How to make a delicate soup with arugula Perfect recipes for summer: soups, do not require cooking
P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©