Personal relationships: an extremely important rule!

Talking about yourself, start with disadvantages, talking about something else, start with the advantages.

It is an important rule! As in manufacturing, and personal relationships. Specific equipment for a job: first to report that you are not doing very well, then you will not have to spend a lot of effort to partner convinced what you dock. "Right now in vogue method X, I told them not yet mastered to perfection, I use methods Y and Z». We partner on an unconscious level formed the view that these techniques you own to perfection.

Another not to be scolded, because you give the information to the other party, you will speak about it in the event of a conflict. Since man does everything the other way around, when you're talking about their shortcomings, he is looking for in your dignity, and when you praise others, he looks for the shortcomings.

One of my players, big head, when he wanted to know the opinions of his subordinates of newly hired employees, began to praise the novice while carefully watching the expression of his interlocutors. After a few minutes, he already knew how to relate to the novice. Thus he received the necessary information to him and not to acquire headphones.

One time we, the teachers, forced to be on duty in the dorm, where the doctors who came to us in the study lived. Peaching I am not encouraged, and when someone whom -That was trying to give me a "confidential" information, I asked to write a report and promised to take appropriate measures. But information is still needed. Then I came to the duty in the dorm or the commandant and wound up with them talking about how easy it is worked, for they are dealing with intelligent, serious doctor, not a reckless students.

In the words of their faces, I realized that this is not so. Then I categorically stated that it could be anyone: surgeons, policy makers, opticians, but not psychotherapists. After 5-7 minutes, I knew everything. But these data, we used not to clarify the relationship with students, they served as a signal to us that we are not very interesting to teach, if they do not want to discuss what they saw and heard in the classroom. These signals have helped us to establish a pedagogical process. Our doctors do not "buzyat". They continue after hours to discuss the problems of their specialty.

Group disgruntled employee decided to get dismissal of the chief, and it was for that. They criticized him in all higher courts. Regulations Chief strengthened. When the officers began to praise the director, and to declare that his superiors inhibits initiative, then after some time in the establishment of the commission came a serious test to the whole activity. You know, what's the matter ended.

So: talking about yourself, start with disadvantages, talking about the other - with dignity.

Author: Michael Litvak

Tags

See also

New and interesting