Day Corvettes in Boston

Today, the story of the day artementy Corvettes on the lawn of the museum casket Anderson in Boston last Sunday.
30 ph

Thus, white-gray outside Corvette 1960 ...

... Is red inside:

The view from the driver's seat:

Standard Manual:

As the host of the three-box feature that first gear can only be activated when the vehicle is completely stopped. So it is the first speed through the city and travels. I do not know how to build a checkpoint in the late 1950s, but it seems to me, the thing synchronizers :-)
For a surcharge, the buyer could get a four-manual gearbox.

Original Wonderbar radio and heater knob by turning which was controlled temperature, and if it were to pull over, turned on air cooling.

Rear View Mirror:

Book 50 years.

Chromium-chromium-chromium.

Emblem.

Under the hood, as usual :-) eight-cylinder engine, two carburetors. The inscription «Corvette» on the valve cover.

Rear view:

And these wheels, how lovely!
The wide white stripe, red stripe on the disk shaped chrome cap.

Red Corvette 1958:

Consider a muzzle Detail:

Vision - a unit, a smile in all 18 chrome teeth.

We carry out a thorough inspection:

Gills healthy.

Inside:

The third machine, the Corvette in 1957:

Until 1957 Corvettes were produced with single headlights. And in this extraordinary machine?

Engine. The owner installed engine, gearbox, the whole chassis and electronics of the Corvette in 2006. 400-plus horsepower. Surprisingly, the units fit, without any external changes to the machine.

But, despite this mess not cheap, the owner was seen for the reverent attitude to quickly erode the Christmas tree.

The exhibition had a lot of Corvettes and modern, but look at them and write about them so interesting.

And, finally, the story of the owner of the Corvette Sting Ray 1964.

He told me that he bought this car new 21 years of age. He is now 67.

This machine is with him throughout his life. In winter, it is on the spacers, and in the summer he travels to the exhibition. In America, a lot of connoisseurs.

I asked the question, and what to do to buy a new sports car at this age?

He said that during the three summer holidays he worked in a factory and drilled holes in the metal rails. And drill a lot, for a long time and the best.

Then he left, leaving me in thought.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting