A day in the life of an officer

View on the army and military service inside the eyes suggest senior lieutenant Arthur Zaripov - simply because he is a very sociable and open person, and agreed to talk about his service.

21 photos via odin-moy-den

So Arthur morning August 25, 2011 beginning at 4 am (!). However, explains this early rise time zone difference - a senior lieutenant Zaripov is in the Far East (of course these early photos I have, because I have a time zone all is well), so the first photo of the day - after charging and reading books in the dining room.

Breakfast, 7 am. The kids will have a difficult, is the third day of competition: in front of orienteering, driving combat vehicles and delivery of theoretical examination of the tactics.

8:00 Required morning Built: to teams (two teams is conditional - the best commanders of battalions and companies the four districts of the Russian Federation) shall be notified on the day of the job:

8:10 - Participants were given maps of the area (all stamped "Top Secret" - were not allowed to take pictures). With their help, the officers will determine its location there, where they will bring the insidious competition organizers.

Team "on the car!", The first trial began. Military driven by huge Gorokhovetsky landfill (by the way, the largest in Europe):

They will have to determine its position on five different points. Time trial - less than a minute. To help - a compass, a map and your own knowledge; and you are no navigators =)

Check the job. (Once on summarizing say that all coped with the task consistently as "good" and visit, not as "excellent". Meanwhile, the second group - battalion commanders - some managed to mark on the map the point of your stay, up to tens of meters. Experience ...):

Orientation lasted for 1, 5 hours. In 10:10 the soldiers sent to the surrender of the theory. At the landfill tent camp, the officers took turns pulling tickets on tactics, preparation time - about an hour. 4 questions - each of them is necessary not only to respond to the text of the Charter of the close and guidance documents, and to give examples to draw a detailed map.
11:00 - Arthur goes to the exam:

At the exam there, Major-General Yuri Petrov - Deputy Chief of the Ground Forces combat training, the chairman of the competition committee. It is a very confused officers, yet they respond cheerfully. 2 questions Arthur said the text of the Constitution - by heart, a little let down offensive scheme - does not have all the facilities.

12:40 After the exam Starley Zaripov waiting for their comrades, and I have time to take his small interview

"He graduated from the Chelyabinsk Tank School, the military profession - management of tank units, civil - personnel manager. Many of my fellow students are now "adequately" working the guards and merchandisers, and here I was asked to serve in the Far East - the romance! However, now everything is so sweet do not think - hard to live with his family in the village, where there is nothing, to the nearest town - 100 kilometers. I want to give her son (he is now 4 years old), a decent education, I dream to give it to Suvorov military school ».

"What is my duty? In submission 26 conscripts, each of them have to find its own approach. That in the company, in the army did not have such egregious cases that regularly say the media (and on Youtube I sometimes look down) need daily painstaking work with each of the soldiers - I do not just teach their military training and lead a class I to them personally psychologist. When you have your baby, you feel that it's not just the soldiers, but someone's children. And I, as a company commander, bear responsibility for them ».

"With housing, of course, not very. I live in a rented apartment, but the military are going to take a mortgage - for those who are going to continue to serve in the army, a real opportunity to get free housing. The salary of 25 thousand rubles - a little, but forward to increase in 2012 ».

14:00 The war-war, but the lunch schedule. The food, by the way, is delicious:

Half an hour to rest and at 15:00 the car with the soldiers sent to the next task: driving military vehicles in the tank ranges with obstacles, the length of the route - 4, 6 kilometers. Passage of the rut of the bridge, pass mine-explosive anti-tank ditch and fence, and even "snake" - with all tasks officers coped effortlessly as if were on tanks and infantry fighting vehicles, and conventional small car.

All the tests were not journalists, too. We walked briskly across the expanses of the landfill, trying to keep up with the participants admired the skill of the officers and the vast expanses of the Motherland:

17:40 And it is loaded on heavy tracked vehicles trailer and unloading from it (measured to the nearest millimeter precision loading). Arthur explains that this exercise - one of the most complex and strategically important. When hostilities on the accuracy of tanker will depend on the mobility of the whole battalion

After the tests, Arthur admits that it was not easy - machinery stranger, and the polygon is different from the native. But the task is set - and he is always striving to be the first:

Contest ends around 8pm. Officers driven in part:

The clock 20:25. Late dinner:

Forces are only out to get to the rooms:

That was such a simple day at the Russian officer. That day, of course, is very different from the usual routine - Starley Zaripov said that the army did not work, and serve, and because the time frame for the working day is not there. He is a regular guy, but chose a difficult profession of the military and honestly perform their job. He says that there is something to strive for, and no impossible tasks.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting