Code of honor

I propose to refer to their own history and examine documents that speak of the honor of a Russian officer. The first discipline in the future military environment introduced by Peter I, chastise translated into Russian and printed for the teaching of young men "Youth honest mirror or indications worldly manners" (by the way, this event occurred exactly 296 years ago). When it was released as "Charter military", which formulated rules for constructing military relations officials, the proper order in the army and responsibilities that must be met every serviceman.

However, there were important rules not related to the order of combatant in the army, and appealing to the conscience and honor of an officer. Uniform set of laws, some "Code of Honour Officer", was not. But in 1904, Captain Valentin Kulchinskaya subsequently passed through the First World War, brought together "Tips young officer", in which a collection of code of honor naedyatsya officer. "I am not mistaken only he who does nothing": RUSSIAN OFFICER CODE OF HONOR

Do not promise me, if you are not sure that fulfill the promise.

Keep yourself simply with dignity, without puppyism.

It must be remembered that the border where it ends dignified courtesy and start groveling.

Do not write letters and reports hasty temper.

Less frank - sorry. Remember, my tongue - my enemy!

Not Kuti - daring not prove himself as skomprometiruesh.

Do not rush to converge on the short leg with a man learned enough.

Avoid cash accounts with his friends. Money is always spoil relations.

Do not take it personally offensive remarks, jokes, ridicule, say with what often happens on the streets and in public places. Be above it. Go away - not to lose, but get rid of the scandal.

If about someone you can not say anything good, the bad and the refrain to say, if you know.

Neither whose advice despise not - listen. Really, to follow him or not, will you. Manage to use the good advice of others - is an art no less than to give good advice to itself.

The strength of the officer is not in a rush and indestructible peace.

Take care of the reputation of trust you with women, whoever she was.

In life there are situations when you need to silence your heart and reason to live.

Mystery communicated to you even if only one person ceases to be a mystery.

Be always on the alert and not to dissolve.

Try to keep the dispute your words were soft and hard arguments. Try not to annoy the enemy, and to convince him.

At public masquerades officers pending dance.

Talking, avoid gestures and raises his voice.

If you entered the society, among which is the person with whom you are at loggerheads, then, with all the greeting, made him shake hands and, of course, if this can not be avoided without drawing attention or owners. Submission of hands does not give cause for unnecessary talk, and you came to nothing obliges.

Nothing teaches how awareness of their mistakes. This is one of the principal means of self-education. Do not mistake only one who does nothing.

When two people quarrel - always both to blame.

The authority acquired knowledge of the matter and the service. It is important to respect your subordinates, not feared. Where is the fear - there is no love, but there is an undercurrent of hostility or hatred.

There is nothing worse than uncertainty. Better worse solution than the oscillation or omissions. Time lost will not return.

He who is afraid of nothing more powerful than the one who scared everyone.

The best part of courage - caution.

The strongest delusion - those who have no doubts.

Modest but he who is indifferent to praise, but the one who is attentive to the censure.

Correct thinking is more valuable than many know.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting