History Markovnikov

Looking at the emerging topics of interest to the history of brands such as Mercedes and BMW, I decided to do Excursion into history no less famous brands of cars, namely - Toyota. And her worthy representative - MARK II (CHASER, CRESTA). Yes, they are right-handed, yes, they are only for the Japanese market. Nevertheless, in my opinion, these cars are one of the best representatives of Toyota. In September 1998, the brand celebrated its 30th anniversary. By ability to make some data, this model is one of the most widespread and popular in Japan. It all started in 1957, the year with a modest budget and the Toyota Corona. This car had the engine power of 33 horses (996 cubic meters) and a 3-speed manual transmission. Later, finished up to 998 mi cubes, power increased to 45 hp And the car was a 4-mortar.

At that time, the Japanese auto industry is not characterized by innovation, but the Japanese hard copied the world's best car manufacturers, and in the course of production have made their own unique ideas. The then marketers have decided to make "premium" of the budget model. Thus, in 1968, first on the trunk lid model inscription appeared MARK II. Full name - Toyota Corona Mark II. For the domestic market the car is available in two body styles - sedan (T60) and two-door coupe (T70). For the US, even in a body "versatile". Strange, but even then importrovali Japanese cars in America. The machine has a range of engines from 1, 5 to 1, 7 liters (1, 7 for the US). And at that time, the domestic market has a major competitor - Nissan Laurel - a very worthy machine.

Sleduyueschee, 2nd generation Corona Mark 2 - in 1972. There is already cleared Toyota! At this time, there is a "divorce" of the Crown and Mark, although the model is still called the Corona Mark II. The car received an additional 6-cylinder in-line engines of the M-series, there was a 5-speed manual and electronic fuel injection. Gamma engines - 1, 7 liters of (6R) to 2 liters of 6 (4M).

Yes, of course, in this case, can not escape the similarities to the Bavarians.

The third generation of Markov moved into a new stage - they have become more and more comfortable. Suite. Still, the main competitor - Laurel from Nissan. But Toyota planned design continuity - the body lines are reminiscent of previous models. Toyota begins an offensive on the European market. However, this model appears Chaser and Cressida. Chayzer, such as the sports model is considered more aggressive and different views. Cressida - Mark amerikosov for ... Engines and Australians are still gasoline, 1.8, 2.0 and 2.6 liters. Transmission - 4 and 5 mortar mechanic or 4-band automatic. It was in 1976 ...

Salon. Yes, when I was still in the draft I was not in the Toyota already had air conditioning, a kind of on-board computer and a kind of diagnostic systems. Oh yes! Another steering wheel adjustment (up / down) and automatic front windows. In my opinion, it is from this body began independent markoobraznyh history. One time I met such a stamp printed in white on the road. Beautiful. The Americans, of course, too beautiful and brutal. And Toyota is clearly spying their design.

Now - 60 series. These brands we can still meet on the streets, although they are fewer. Launched in the 80th year of the last century. Design, as you see, has changed dramatically, but has not lost awareness. According to the documents the machine is still called the Corona Mark II, but prefers to call it public relations just Mark.

From the Crown is already far. In this model, there is the legendary engine series 1G, naddutaya version of the move in! 5M and diesel! The 82-m-shaft version is available 1G - GEU. These engines are considered to be one of the most reliable. Millionika was not called (in my opinion - it's all a myth), but the vitality of his praiseworthy.
The 80-run model CRESTA. The goal - competition is so well-Lauoelem. Mark 2 is already out of the race and became "independent".

Chernostoy! It's just a legend! Indestructibility, reliability, comfort, convenience. Apparently this bunch of positive qualities inherent in those years. Mark 2 in the 70-m body - this is it! It started in 1984 and produce up to 88 th. Chopped body shape, looks impressive, worthy of engines ... but what can I say ... A frameless door? Chic !!! This body nazyvalslya X70, was equipped with 3 four-cylinder engine and two-liter six. Also available are 4 variants sending - 3st. automatic, 4st. automatic, 4st. Mechanics, 5CT. mechanics. As usual, the US was performed in a body "versatile" and correct the wheel.

The Next Generation - Mark in the 80-m body. 1988 Year in the yard. According to legend, these markoobraznyh loved to ride yaponchiskie mafia at that time. "Short" box, resourceful and torquey new 6-cylinder engine 1JZ, fully independent hodovka. I remember I was very annoyed pilikane at speeds above 104 km / h. But it was the Cross.

Until now, the open spaces of our country can be found fans and lovers markovok in this body. Interestingly, in the 90th year of this model appeared ICE 1JZ-GTE 280 hp Japanese law does not allow so far for the domestic market (correct if wrong) produce cars with capacity of more than 280 hp And the maximum speed of 180 km / h. As the model starts to work in a taxi, but not for long - it replaces the Crown. But that is another story. If I am not mistaken, with this body and available all-wheel drive - this grade is called Four.

Now, perhaps, the most famous model in its class in the lineup markoobraznyh - Samurai. Toyota Mark 2 in the 90-m body. Its name probably she received for an aggressive look. Predatory "face", no less predatory ... oops ... silhouette of the car makes you think that she was going, even if it is worth it! Dynamic!

The most "charged" version called the Tourer V. This 280 Japanese horses, automatic and lots nishtyakov as actuators, ionizers, heated mirrors, rear wiper and so on.

At the moment, as the owner of "Samurai", I tried to determine the maximum configuration of this model - did not happen. What did not: Electrical regulirvki steering and water. chair, ionizer climate with touch-screen, sunroof, a standard sub-woofer, CD, telephone (!!!), parking sensors, air bag for the driver, the electronic instrument panel, cruise, navigation (Japanese, does not work in this country), kit spoiler with a stop lamp, a janitor on the rear window or ext. brake light in trunk lid itself, brakes, traction, adjustable suspension, four-wheel drive, and dofiga samobloki all. And it is in 1992 - the beginning of the production of the 90 bodies

Following was Model 100 series, which is logical Technically 90th and 100th body a little different. ICE and CAT are almost identical, the suspension architecture also has not experienced major changes. Innovation - a new system of timing engine 1G-FE. Now it is called 1G-FE BEAMS and has more "horses" under the hood. Weaving was released in '96.

But still, in my opinion, the 100-ka has lost its charm and vigor. Yes, this car is still going great, it is reliable, but ... she did not see the next. Something she had lost. By the way, there is one negative trait that unites the 90 th and 100 th of a body - the lower ball joints bulkhead. If they are not original, it is possible to "arrive" somewhere away from home. Fortunately, they did not break off on a straight line, and when you turn the steering wheel.

110-I version MARKII me, I confess, somewhat puzzled - is Mark? Yes, Mark. It all taki was unique and distinctive car. Appearance? Well, "like everyone else." Shop? Still quality and expensive. But most do not have something to himself. What distinguished this Markovnikov-be classmates. But somehow, in October 2000, he went down the assembly line. And many like him very much.

A little apart is it the same "universal" version - BLIT. Usually in a jovial complete iR-V.

Engines - proven 2 sixes and 2, 5-liter, but the version BEAMS 2.0 was somewhat demanding to oil. But with proper care, car-free happy ekspluatatstey not expensive consumables.

Posted in [mergetime] 1350163294 [/ mergetime]
The next version of Mark, I think, does not fall into this review. Because this is a Lexus. Not Mark. No. Though he called the Mark X, but it is not "the same" Markovnikov. I can not accept this model in markoobraznyh caste. If a man have adequate arguments against - WELCOME.
In general, here is a brief history yaponoproma.
PS: Just let srach not breed on the right-left-handedness.

Finally, all laid out - the first time such a large-scale post here I have)))

© he gathered himself, helped core, turer.vi by Yandex and Google with

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting