The debate about copyright

Very eloquent discussion Makarevich with some Oxxxymiron rapper (who is - hell knows).
Makarevich as usual was lovely - pour the wrong people with whom pleasant to live in one country, pushed a couple of abstracts in the spirit of "first Bring It On" and "Who are you?" And dreamed about what I would like to make in the 90th. < br /> The opponent on the contrary acted very sensibly and I stand by and large share the interest in the so-90-95.

Makarevich: Editorial We said that we will be discussing a sensitive issue. Terribly interesting that this is a sensitive issue in Russia. In civilized countries - no. I ask the question more obvious: What are you all about the music? Why is no one outraged that you have to pay for the Internet? And I'll explain: because all these types of cries for "free music" produced and heated by people who for the traffic very well prepared.

Oxxxymiron: I do not agree about the civilized countries. The problem is everywhere, it is widely discussed, there are initiatives on alternative licenses ...

Makarevich: And what specific proposals?

Oxxxymiron: I personally have three suggestions. First - foster the development of alternative thinking musicians.

Makarevich: In what sense? The plan - whether you pay for your work?

Oxxxymiron Alternative consensus exists around copyright. The second proposal - the decriminalization of non-commercial piracy. It is one thing - when a person earns money on what he makes no effort; it's disgusting. But I do not understand why, if I just refer your song to someone, I liken to that person. And the third point has a specific, - extension and amendment of the legislation has other licenses.

Makarevich: What other license?

Oxxxymiron: Well, for example, GNU, proposed by the American professor Richard Stallman. The point is that I am against the spread of my work for money, but for non-commercial use - that is, copy, perform, modify, quoting anything.

Makarevich: Given our manners, the drive in which you have invested two years of work and 150 thousand euros, will be sold as long as the first results of the use of alternative license will not appear on the Internet.

Oxxxymiron: So I think it's right. Yes, it will be sold. But there are a huge number of alternative ways to earn. I do not want you to go into your pocket, but I think that, given the legendary status of the "Time Machine", 150 thousand kicking in one or more major concerts.

Makarevich: laughing? You are strongly overestimate our value in the market.

Oxxxymiron: Well, let for 10 concerts. And anyway - why are you so strange to divorce? Yes, you have invested - but you fend concerts, other types of deductions.

Makarevich: I, as it is banal, I want justice. Why are we talking about people who are happily combined with the composing talent performing? In fact, there is such a profession - a composer. Or lyricist. These people can not go on stage. And what about them?

Oxxxymiron: This is the most brutal question, of course. The answer is too hard: look for alternative ways of earning.

Makarevich: What?

Oxxxymiron: Let me first tell you what does not, and why. See: here was the industrial revolution, it changed the world. Users work with your hands, then there were plants, a lot of people lost income and died in hellfire. Nightmare. But who would argue that this is the logic of history? New technologies have replaced old. We are now witnessing exactly the same.

Makarevich: In the history of music such things also happened several times - and every time a panic. First - when there were notes. Then - when there were records. Now here's the Internet. So, based on the fact that two previous situation led to the observance of copyright, I am absolutely convinced that our situation will be moving in the same direction.

Oxxxymiron: Somebody said that conservatives - is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. Do you about this position.

Makarevich: Why not? For God's sake. But here I do not understand: if the internet - it's just another medium, why is there a need to act any other rules? Yeah no shit like this.

Oxxxymiron: I understand your indignation at the household level. You're used to a certain system, for many years it was used, and suddenly such a situation. But something really two options - either to find a balance, a crackdown, total surveillance and total knock.

Makarevich: I would say - total honesty.

Oxxxymiron: Well, even philosophers such as Hobbes concluded that the man is inherently more bastard than vice versa.

Makarevich: Nevertheless, we are seeing a very different order svolochizm.

Oxxxymiron: My idea is simple. You will not argue with the fact that every person at least once in your life listen to or watched something that is not a legal product in terms of the current legislation?

Makarevich: In our country - certainly. And well I do not see anything.

Oxxxymiron: But it is a fact. Accordingly, we have a situation where 99 percent of the population, in fact, criminalized. But then the law is contrary to common sense.

Makarevich: That is already stealing time - and let the steal? I think common sense is contrary to the behavior of the population. I do not accept that we live among criminals.

Oxxxymiron: So why these people are criminals? And I do not mean those who sell someone else's content. I do not call them pirates, is too noble a word, and parasites. But why a suspended John Doe, who liked your song so that he decided to share it with a friend, they equal? ​​

Makarevich: I explain a very banal example. You bake cakes. They are good. These people love. And people bought the cake and ate it. And he has to share it? To approach someone and burp him, or what?

Oxxxymiron: You articulate the difference between a song and a pie?

Makarevich: Formulate.

Oxxxymiron: There are mothers and have the information. If I take one pie on a tray will be one less than the cake. If I copy the files, how many files remain?

Makarevich: On one plate will be less sold.

Oxxxymiron: Oh, God. Well, let's say, even so. But we got to the features, after which technological progress is ahead of policies and laws.

Makarevich: No, society pushed to piracy. And you're including.

Oxxxymiron: And what my motivation? I am a musician, I earn it myself.

Makarevich: That's when you will first drive circulation of 100 thousand copies, I look at you.

Oxxxymiron: So the point is that no longer will!

Makarevich: I'm not so sure. I think all normal. And I believe in this for two reasons. The first - three years ago, I did audioknizhku and used it a lot of musical quotations. All rights cleared, paid a lot of money. We hung it on the Internet under the fashionable slogan "Pay as you want." Three years ago, I paid one hundred. Today, pay seven. It's pretty serious progress. The second reason - we have placed the entire directory "Time Machine" on iTunes, and the number of people who are turning to the music tells us that not all is lost.

Oxxxymiron: I would divide these two stories. First - it is crowdfunding. It works with every year better. I have a friend stand-up comedian, he has a week to Boomstarter collected on the project of 450 thousand rubles. "B-2", as far as I know, I paid record his album «Spirit» that way. I think this is the main path of the future in terms of earnings.

The full text can be read here

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting