To argue or to discuss — the choice is yours

Your opinion is deeply hostile to me, but Your right to Express it

I am ready to sacrifice my life.

Voltaire

It is generally accepted that truth is born in dispute. But, as a rule, it there is born in such agony, and with such moral losses for the dissenting parties, which sometimes itself the subject of the dispute loses its original value, and human relationship (friendship, partnership, marriage) bursting at the seams.

Alternative dispute is a debate that is constructive and friendly discussion. What is between them a fundamental difference?

In an argument we want to win and, therefore, call the person a desire to win us to protect their position and to refute ours. The more we push him, the more he is strengthened in his opinion.

We are looking for in a dispute where the other is wrong, trying to destroy his position, and in the discussion with you in our positions coincide, the truth of the interlocutor trying to connect with their.

The dispute, controversy – destructive activities, discussion – creative. Where we will be closer to the truth?

Argument is an intellectual fight, and benefit from it as much as from any fight. Therefore, if we want to understand the truth and save our relationship, do not provoke a dispute. What? First of all, finality. "This can't be, because it can never be!" A categorization hides a more — limited? insecurity? of barbarism?

It is not the right we were or not. It is important that the interviewee feels disrespectful to his opinion, and it restores it against us.

It is necessary to abandon such expressions as:

• "Nonsense!",
  • "Right now",
  • "Oh, My God!",
  • "Come on!",
  • "You what!"

No use of them, and to hurt and offend they can easily. The same thing can be expressed and otmuchivaniem hand (as from rubbish), and eye (like an idiot).

Generally you should try not to give negative evaluations of the opinions of the interlocutor, on the contrary, to note all the good places in his statements, to support a feeling of competence.

To have an opinion and to disagree is our right, and the capacity for independent, original thinking – the dignity of a Mature personality.

Also interesting: I Bet you can do without disputes

The practice of silence. What does this give you

"Who is not with us is against us!". This ideology is still very firmly rooted in our society. Well, we were raised – have to be reeducated ourselves.published

Author: Lyudmyla Andrievska

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: Ludmila Andrievsky

Tags

See also

New and interesting