10 of the most famous sayings of famous people before death

1. Oscar Wilde died in a room with bezvusnymi wallpaper. Approaching death did not change his attitude towards life. After the words: "Killer colors! One of us will have to get out of here, "he went.

2. Queen Marie Antoinette, climbing scaffold, stumbled and came on foot to the executioner: "Excuse me, sir, I did it by accident».

3. Empress Elizabeth Petrovna very surprised doctors when half a minute before death rose menacingly on the pillows and asked, "Am I still alive ?!". But doctors do not have time to be frightened as to fix it by itself.

4. American playwright Eugene O'Neill: "I knew it! I knew it! Born in the hotel and, hell, dying at the hotel ».

5. Spy dancer Mata Hari sent her soldiers of targets for a kiss: "I am ready, boys».

6. English writer and novelist Somerset Maugham: "Dying - dull and dreary affair. My advice - never done it ».

7. American novelist and playwright William Saroyan: "Everyone must die, but I always thought that I would make an exception. And what? »

8. The famous British surgeon Joseph Green on medical habit of pacing your pulse. "Pulse disappeared" - he said.

9. English writer and critic Lytton Strachey: "If this is death, I am of it not happy».

10. The Russian satirist Saltykov-Shchedrin hailed the death of the question: "Is that you, fool?".

Tags

See also

New and interesting