For historical footsteps Oranely

A fascinating story about the feat of Leningrad during World War II and about one unusual tram route in Leningrad.

I want to tell you about the route of the tram 36 in which a large number of memorials dedicated to the Great Patriotic War. In St. Petersburg, I live 7 years and for the first time visited this place 5 years ago, participating in urban quests (our team took 2nd place while :)). Then fate was such that settled here, my parents and I began to appear more frequently here. My way home from the subway runs right on the tram route 36 tram for the most part runs along the Peterhof road. In addition to historical sites along the route, historical significance, and the road itself tramways. Peterhof Road was laid in 1710 for the possibility of travel to the suburban imperial residences (Peterhof, Oranienbaum). To date, the road has not changed much in the city corresponds to highway: Old-Peterhoff Prospect - Prospect Strikes - Peterhof highway. At the time, along the road was built many mansions of which have survived only a few dozen. Peter I conceived this way overshadow the road from Paris to Versailles. Unfortunately, the future course of history are not allowed to put these plans into action. I will be very glad if I ever remember about these plans and ennoble the way from St. Petersburg for the city in the direction of Peterhof. In this way each year go more than three million tourists, and I want it to produce more than memorable. If you go to the subway Avtovo, the tram of the most important estates can be seen in the garden Vorontsov Peterhof highway and Chernyshev on Prospect Strikes. Vorontsov villa (Novoznamenka) was built in 1750 by architect A. Rinaldi in the style of the Elizabethan baroque. In this estate stayed Catherine II, ehavshaya on the road to Peterhof. Now it is just an hour by shuttle bus, the same journey took much longer, and Her Majesty had to relax and dine. And since 1888 Novoznamenke was in the hospital for the mentally ill. The house, set on fire by the Nazis was restored in 1960. Now it is an international school in the University. Herzen. Since the theme of our military today, pictured postwar view cottages and villa after restoration.

If you go for vvreh manor, at the intersection of ul. Pionerstroya and st. Security officers can see Lviv Palace, built in 1838 in the Gothic style. During the war, the palace was partially destroyed, and is still not restored.

Chernyshev problem (Alexandrino) was built in the 1760s by French architect JB Vallin de la Mothe in the classical style. Manor survives to this day and now here is the children's art school.

Another noteworthy place where the Catherine II, was an inn "Red marrow" near the river reds. The restaurant has existed from 1713 to 1919 and has seen many famous St. Petersburg. They stopped by Peter I, Alexander I, Nicholas I. In traktirskih entertainment participated Lermontov, Pushkin, mentioning the pub in his poems.

"Along the road to Peterhof,
Flashed in a row from behind the fence
A variety of fronts
And the roof of peaceful homes,
In the shadow of the mysterious gardens.
There is a restaurant ... and he is from everlasting
It is called "Red zucchini» ... »
MY Lermontov poem "Mongo»

After the revolution, the restaurant was closed and dismantled in 1919. A pity, I'd love to have dinner in such a historic place. Now Peterhof to St. Petersburg highway is the restaurant "Red tavern", but it certainly has nothing to do with the restaurant itself. In the early 20th century along the Peterhof Road was built railway line "Oranienbaumsky electric line" or "Oranela", which is a prototype of suburban trains. The first section Avtovo-Strelna was founded in 1912.

During the war the way to the town of Strelna were destroyed. In 1963, the line was restored, and since then it goes on tram route №36. Who is the only tram line leading out of the city. In September 1941, the Nazis came to the tram rails in the area of ​​the Peterhof highway, civilians did not know about their breakthrough. Carman Strelna tram took him to a group of Nazis marching forward, in response to which they opened fire and shot the passengers, mangled car. There is another version of the story - the Nazis at the tram stop asked the passengers to get out and have seized an empty wagon. Hopefully in the second version, but the war is rarely so merciful.

Another episode in 1941 occurring in this area is linked to the tragedy of the 124th Tank Brigade. Now there are new housing estates whose residents go on picnics in the forest across the road, and 70 years ago were bloody battles. When you think about it, you begin to appreciate what you have.

Ferrari is still better than tanks.

Now, we will pass on the tram. I sit down at the stop "street. Border Guard Garkavy ».

The first thing that we encounter on the road to the right - Monument to the Defenders of Leningrad, established in 1944. Perhaps this is the first monument dedicated to the Great Patriotic War. "Here in the brutal battles of September 1941 the valiant defenders of Leningrad, not sparing his life, stopped the fascist hordes».

A little farther from the Peterhof highway, crossing prospect. Veterans and then passes the Walk of Fame. It was here, in the autumn of 1941 the Germans were stopped on the way to Leningrad. The boundary runs along the river Dudergofka the territory Polezhaevskaya Park. On the avenue was planted 900 birch trees, symbolizing the 900-day siege of Leningrad. Walk of Fame is part of the memorial complex "Kirov shaft", which refers to the "Green Belt of Glory».

Merry festive booth. Such graffiti I like to fit into the landscape :)

Then we have a little deviate from the tram route. On the avenue strikes the right of the viaduct leading to Art. Metro Avtovo located objects, also included in the memorial complex "Kirov shaft." The monument "Tank-winner" - fighting vehicle, first released Tank "KV-85", one of the two surviving copies of the model set in 1951.

Over the tank is preserved dot. Near the pillbox - concrete stele. Just imagine, right in the DotA our soldiers were shot.

To the right of this complex is located Monument "Blockade tram", established in 2007 in honor of the centennial of St.-Petersburg tram. As the pedestal for the monument to be used a few meters of track laid, where during the siege were fortifications. Tram - this is the only form of transport, who worked throughout the war. He was carrying tons of cargo and delivered to the front line fighters, but his calls were talking about the coming victory in war, and the trams on the site was used as a ceiling to protect the city.

Source: blogomarathon.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting