At 7 a.m., my husband and I jumped out of bed because of noise in the yard, as it turned out, it was the work of my mother.

How sweet are the thoughts of young families: here we build a house, bring into the world our children and then grandchildren. Everything goes as it goes. And then a hurricane called a restless relative bursts into this idyll, and life is divided into before and after.

At 7 a.m., my husband and I jumped up like stung, not understanding what was going on. Men's voices were loudly discussed in the courtyard. As it turned out, it was the work of my mother. She decided to make an extension in the house and called a team of builders. And that's because of my high-pitched conversation with her yesterday.

My mother spent 20 years working in Portugal. She left when I was still in college. Now I have a large family: a husband, two children and a third on the way. We live in a village, in our family home. My mother put a lot of money into it while she was abroad. It was her will, I didn’t ask her to. This is what all the people of our village did when they went to work. First they rebuilt the house, and then bought apartments.

My mom was packing up two apartments in the city. One big two went to my brother. She bought a one-bedroom for herself. All these years my mother said she was used to living alone. She planned to make a good repair and move in immediately. We fully supported this idea. All the money that the mother sent, we did not spend and carefully saved for her housing.

After buying the apartment, my mother made excellent repairs, furnished with modern appliances and Italian furniture. It's about 40 minutes from the city to us. We could see each other every day. But this wilful woman again decided everything in her own way.

Recently, a parent said that she no longer wants to live in the city. A house in the village, its garden, fresh air - this is its limit of dreams. The house my family lives in. Did I say "stated"? Read it – “put it in front of the fact.” That's who she is. Her word is law. God forbid anyone would argue with her. Mother will bend the dissenters into the ram horn of her fighting character.

I didn't live with my mother from the institute and she got away from me. We've been apart for 20 years, and now she's decided to teach me about life. I took the whole blow: I do the household incorrectly, violate the neighborhood of cultures in the garden, my hair is dyed pale. I can't handle kids. They're so noisy and uncontrollable. Mother does not know that children 5 and 7 years old should be like this!

I got my husband on nuts, too. The man is already in his fourth decade, and he is subtracted as a schoolboy. He's nervous, he's annoyed. But what can we do? You won't ask your mother to leave by force?

We are building a house: an unpleasant conversation One evening we were teaing with my mother on the veranda. It's time for a serious conversation. I have clearly stated that this cannot continue. That wasn't the deal. She has a wonderful apartment, which she dreamed of for many years and made for herself. We can't get along well. I've grown up.

In response, the mother abruptly changed her good-natured tone to a militant one. And she told me that the house I live in with my family belongs to her. Everything here was made with her money. She decided to stay in the village. And if I don't like something, I'm free to move into her apartment. How we fit in there with our husband and children doesn't care.

I said I was not going to move anywhere. And the next morning, a team of craftsmen propped the doors. Without consulting anyone, the mother decided to make an extension with a separate entrance.

My husband is speechless from such arbitrariness as I am. This is a real spit in the soul. Is it possible to do such things without giving a damn about our opinion? The mother thought she could get away with it just because she had money. Just put it to the fact that we're building a house for her, period.

I'm not sure we can get along in a company like that. I have no idea how to solve this situation.

Tags

See also

New and interesting