Portrait of drawing pins

Fasting get long with lots of letters, well, excuse me, I deliberately left all the words of the author, to fully reveal the essence of creation.
Have patience and to fight, the information is very useful and original.

The words of the author: I can not call myself the inventor of this method work - took the idea from the American artist Eric Dreyga. And here's the result - a portrait of the power of stationery buttons saw the light. A little bit about the product parameters:
 - 6 colors;
 - 9600 stationery buttons;
 - Buttons weight about 5 kg .;
 - The total weight of the picture more than 10 kg .;
 - Dimensions: 950 x 1350 x 34 mm;
 - Materials: buttons (metal and colored plastic) sheet of fiberboard, wooden beams, metal hardware, stain, varnish.

1. Photo

While I draw bad, do the portrait painted with his own hand, did not dare to - camera still somehow produces better images. Therefore, the picture is a photo that I liked. Just copy it to the "classmates". Which is convenient - a good solution here was not very important. The sheer size of the portrait in pixels - only 80 to 120.

2. Scheme

Despite the fact that a journalist to be witty wrote: "Eric's talent is brilliant color perception" is complete nonsense. His talent only in perseverance, which, in turn, depends on the motivation. By the way, it is our main difference with it - we have it different. This is how advertisers and PR people: the first - this is when "money", the second - when the "love". No brilliant talent is not necessary - of course, he, like me, for the base took photos and made them ready to schemes such as those that use hard-working pensioners for embroidery. For the development of the scheme had to download about five programs for the production of schemes for embroidery, but none of them has a simple, seemingly function - to set the image in six colors desired resolution. In the end, all was easier: almost accidentally find these features in one infamous graphics editor. Just needed to indexed color, and cut the whole palette of up to six: black, white, red, yellow, green, blue. And then adjust the dispersion - the penetration of color in halftone and color transitions. The scheme was ready.

- 6 colors;
 - Materials: buttons (metal and colored plastic) sheet of fiberboard, wooden beams, metal hardware, stain, varnish.

1. Photo

While I draw bad, do the portrait painted with his own hand, did not dare to - camera still somehow produces better images. Therefore, the picture is a photo that I liked. Just copy it to the "classmates". Which is convenient - a good solution here was not very important. The sheer size of the portrait in pixels - only 80 to 120.

2. Scheme

Despite the fact that a journalist to be witty wrote: "Eric's talent is brilliant color perception" is complete nonsense. His talent only in perseverance, which, in turn, depends on the motivation. By the way, it is our main difference with it - we have it different. This is how advertisers and PR people: the first - this is when "money", the second - when the "love". No brilliant talent is not necessary - of course, he, like me, for the base took photos and made them ready to schemes such as those that use hard-working pensioners for embroidery. For the development of the scheme had to download about five programs for the production of schemes for embroidery, but none of them has a simple, seemingly function - to set the image in six colors desired resolution. In the end, all was easier: almost accidentally find these features in one infamous graphics editor. Just needed to indexed color, and cut the whole palette of up to six: black, white, red, yellow, green, blue. And then adjust the dispersion - the penetration of color in halftone and color transitions. The scheme was ready. & Quot; title = «The words of the author: I can not call myself the inventor of this method of creation - an idea borrowed from the American artist Eric Dreyga. And here's the result - a portrait of the power of stationery buttons saw the light. A little bit about the product parameters:
 - 6 colors;

1. Photo

2. Scheme

Despite the fact that a journalist to be witty wrote: "Eric's talent is brilliant color perception" is complete nonsense. His talent only in perseverance, which, in turn, depends on the motivation. By the way, it is our main difference with it - we have it different. This is how advertisers and PR people: the first - this is when "money", the second - when the "love". No brilliant talent is not necessary - of course, he, like me, for the base took photos and made them ready to schemes such as those that use hard-working pensioners for embroidery. For the development of the scheme had to download about five programs for the production of schemes for embroidery, but none of them has a simple, seemingly function - to set the image in six colors desired resolution. In the end, all was easier: almost accidentally find these features in one infamous graphics editor. Just needed to indexed color, and cut the whole palette of up to six: black, white, red, yellow, green, blue. And then adjust the dispersion - the penetration of color in halftone and color transitions. The scheme was ready. »& Gt;
Then I have a little bit "brushed" it manually - clearly sticking vain pixels and incomprehensible to the stereotypical perception of color transitions. Mechanical algorithm can not understand.

3. Basis

On what basis do? There were options: cork (expensive), polystyrene (weak), tree (too tight), packing cartons, and some more options. Stopped on fiberboard. Material strong, can pierce, holds very securely.

At the same time tell the episode: go buy a sheet of hardboard to "Tavria" in "Stroylandiyu».
 - We have a sheet of MDF buy, but Saw it to us please, and it will not fit in the car.
 - We do not sawing.
 - Well, let hacksaw, he sawed.
 - We do not have.

Psihanul. Snickering pancake employees of large European-style store in a clean uniform and haughty face. Would know their tops, as junior staff strives to sell the product. Well, it does not matter. Left on the roundabout, on the sidelines of a kind of unofficial supermarket building materials in the open air. That's where the guy with the smell of eighteen fume sawed off his six minutes and ten rubles, and quite smoothly. And they went out together even cheaper.

4. Colors

And how do you know how much you need the buttons and what color? Number of something in the picture easily: 80 x 120 = 9600 units. But six colors: black, white, yellow, red, blue, green. How much should each of them? This is important because five of them - all except black, sold in a range. That is, in boxes of 50 pieces of all colors mixed. A black button in Orenburg do not sell, but more on that later. If I had been a little stronger in the programming, the program would have been my friend Dima Selishchev, but I admit, I can not. Therefore, the method had to invent: the graphical editor by "pouring" I put together in the same color all the other pixels, except for some of the same color. In the end, then the image becomes a two-tone, one of which - white. And so with each color. Then with a tool mixing received one solid color paly the entire area of ​​the picture. Next was just to see how many percent of its saturation. And get a percentage already using proportions, knowing the total number of buttons, calculate the required number of buttons that color. For example, the blue hue saturation of 12%: 9600/100 * 12 = 1152. That is, you will need approximately 1152 blue button. Next, just in case rounded to 1300, and all.

5. Buttons

As shown by telephoning and raids on stationery shops in different parts of the city, no one sells separately black buttons. I even have an idea to do without the black, leaving a blank space instead of them, but the very foundation of paint in black. Then I realized that it would be bald and miserable. And like grace and beauty. Also, it turned out that a colored buttons stores never as much as required. And I had no less, and 190 boxes. Because it was necessary to proceed from the fact that when the box 50 excavations five colors, the average in each box ten buttons of the same color. Need to navigate to the greatest number. Since the maximum number of colors (excluding black) was button 1900, the 1900/10 = 190 frames. Then I started looking on the Internet button on the Moscow-based company, and has already asked my friend who lives in the ancient capital, a great man Volodya Kosilova help with this, when suddenly ... The decision turned out to be very close. In the same building where I work. There is a great company "Pencil", whose director is raschudesny and radiant people Nail Maskhutovich. He totally helped me with the buttons. I told him my idea, he liked it, he took great warmth to my undertaking, the heart of the old warriors, as they say, trembled. He struggled to find in Moscow providers black buttons (where they, too, were a rarity). For this, I still have it ready to bow at the waist, and reap his work-worn hands. In general, throughout the project the story of the film acted magically: barely people learned what I was doing and why, they instantly melted and softened, especially women))! Therefore, aid in the manufacture of the paintings did not have any problems. Nail Maskhutovich ordered in Moscow wholesale party buttons and sold it to me for its price, without markups. First - the party of the 5100 black buttons (146 boxes of 35 pcs.) And about a month - 9500 color (190 boxes). And could begin.

As shown by telephoning and raids on stationery shops in different parts of the city, no one sells separately black buttons. I even have an idea to do without the black, leaving a blank space instead of them, but the very foundation of paint in black. Then I realized that it would be bald and miserable. And like grace and beauty. Also, it turned out that a colored buttons stores never as much as required. And I had no less, and 190 boxes. Because it was necessary to proceed from the fact that when the box 50 excavations five colors, the average in each box ten buttons of the same color. Need to navigate to the greatest number. Since the maximum number of colors (excluding black) was button 1900, the 1900/10 = 190 frames. Then I started looking on the Internet button on the Moscow-based company, and has already asked my friend who lives in the ancient capital, a great man Volodya Kosilova help with this, when suddenly ... The decision turned out to be very close. In the same building where I work. There is a great company "Pencil", whose director is raschudesny and radiant people Nail Maskhutovich. He totally helped me with the buttons. I told him my idea, he liked it, he took great warmth to my undertaking, the heart of the old warriors, as they say, trembled. He struggled to find in Moscow providers black buttons (where they, too, were a rarity). For this, I still have it ready to bow at the waist, and reap his work-worn hands. In general, throughout the project the story of the film acted magically: barely people learned what I was doing and why, they instantly melted and softened, especially women))! Therefore, aid in the manufacture of the paintings did not have any problems. Nail Maskhutovich ordered in Moscow wholesale party buttons and sold it to me for its price, without markups. First - the party of the 5100 black buttons (146 boxes of 35 pcs.) And about a month - 9500 color (190 boxes). And could begin. & Quot; title = «5. Buttons

As shown by telephoning and raids on stationery shops in different parts of the city, no one sells separately black buttons. I even have an idea to do without the black, leaving a blank space instead of them, but the very foundation of paint in black. Then I realized that it would be bald and miserable. And like grace and beauty. Also, it turned out that a colored buttons stores never as much as required. And I had no less, and 190 boxes. Because it was necessary to proceed from the fact that when the box 50 excavations five colors, the average in each box ten buttons of the same color. Need to navigate to the greatest number. Since the maximum number of colors (excluding black) was button 1900, the 1900/10 = 190 frames. Then I started looking on the Internet button on the Moscow-based company, and has already asked my friend who lives in the ancient capital, a great man Volodya Kosilova help with this, when suddenly ... The decision turned out to be very close. In the same building where I work. There is a great company "Pencil", whose director is raschudesny and radiant people Nail Maskhutovich. He totally helped me with the buttons. I told him my idea, he liked it, he took great warmth to my undertaking, the heart of the old warriors, as they say, trembled. He struggled to find in Moscow providers black buttons (where they, too, were a rarity). For this, I still have it ready to bow at the waist, and reap his work-worn hands. In general, throughout the project the story of the film acted magically: barely people learned what I was doing and why, they instantly melted and softened, especially women))! Therefore, aid in the manufacture of the paintings did not have any problems. Nail Maskhutovich ordered in Moscow wholesale party buttons and sold it to me for its price, without markups. First - the party of the 5100 black buttons (146 boxes of 35 pcs.) And about a month - 9500 color (190 boxes). And could begin. "& Gt;

6. Layout.

It is clear that the field must metered into the cell. But what size? The diameter of the buttons are slightly different: black buttons a little more, about 9 mm. I was hoping to be able to do a cell of 9 mm, but failed. Trial installation showed no. Climb on each other - after all hand-made machine that does not flow where precision measured in fractions of a millimeter. Therefore, the distance between adjacent keys had to leave 10 mm. Thus, the canvas size of the image turned out exactly the number of buttons / inches: just 80 cm to 120 cm. I drank a "canvas" with a large overlap - 10 cm. Each. Then he struck markup. It was worth a couple of hours crawling on a sheet of MDF with a capillary pen, 15-centimeter ruler and flat bar. 200 meters lines - roughly took markup. Thought end pen - not a bit of it, writes until now. Well done, the Chinese.

It is clear that the field must metered into the cell. But what size? The diameter of the buttons are slightly different: black buttons a little more, about 9 mm. I was hoping to be able to do a cell of 9 mm, but failed. Trial installation showed no. Climb on each other - after all hand-made machine that does not flow where precision measured in fractions of a millimeter. Therefore, the distance between adjacent keys had to leave 10 mm. Thus, the canvas size of the image turned out exactly the number of buttons / inches: just 80 cm to 120 cm. I drank a "canvas" with a large overlap - 10 cm. Each. Then he struck markup. It was worth a couple of hours crawling on a sheet of MDF with a capillary pen, 15-centimeter ruler and flat bar. 200 meters lines - roughly took markup. Thought end pen - not a bit of it, writes until now. Well done, the Chinese. "Title =» 6. Layout.

It is clear that the field must metered into the cell. But what size? The diameter of the buttons are slightly different: black buttons a little more, about 9 mm. I was hoping to be able to do a cell of 9 mm, but failed. Trial installation showed no. Climb on each other - after all hand-made machine that does not flow where precision measured in fractions of a millimeter. Therefore, the distance between adjacent keys had to leave 10 mm. Thus, the canvas size of the image turned out exactly the number of buttons / inches: just 80 cm to 120 cm. I drank a "canvas" with a large overlap - 10 cm. Each. Then he struck markup. It was worth a couple of hours crawling on a sheet of MDF with a capillary pen, 15-centimeter ruler and flat bar. 200 meters lines - roughly took markup. Thought end pen - not a bit of it, writes until now.

title = «7.

& Quot; title = «8.

"& Gt;

title = «11.

& Quot; title = «12.
"& Gt;

Tags

See also

New and interesting