The gray-haired groom said that at our age without a stamp is no longer possible, so be it, he agrees to become my husband.

The concept of “stressFor many of our fellow citizens, unfortunately, not empty words. It is understandable: anxiety, nerves, the situation in general. But the lives of ordinary people over the past two years have changed so much that you don’t want to — sometimes there is despondency and even real despair. Family problems probably affected everyone. People get nervous, families break up, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

Even people of age, who, it would seem, only give grandchildren to babysit, turn to psychologists for help. But this is the older generation, which used to only grumble that the young, they say, became quite weak. Not what it used to be. The constant news coming from each iron only makes the situation worse. Television, even the Internet, ceased to be spheres that offered just to lie down on the couch and relax. And life, according to doctors, in such stress does not bode well for health.

After my divorce from my husband, I remained in the village as a “bride for extradition”. Not young anymore, but not so old. A little over 50, but it's not even more about age, and in the absence of other men. They are either old or young drinkers. Which, of course, don't suit me. Now, they say, women younger than me, even in the city, finding someone is a real problem. In our backwaters, even more so.

Not really. There was one. Misha. I think I'll tell you about him. Also an adult male, about the same age. Single, but it's not clear if he was married. I have lived with a woman for a long time. I never knew if they were married officially. You see, I'm a total screw-up in a relationship, there was only one husband. Therefore, I do not know how to conduct such conversations with a new person. And Michael always joked when talking about such topics.

Peels: I didn't really think of going with him. The village neighbors "helped." Everyone was telling me how a woman my age would be hard on her own, only cats in different rooms. So what if he doesn't have one hand? I mean, I hurt myself as a kid. Yes, a person, if he lives all his life with some ailment, can always adjust, somehow overcome it and learn to live with it. Especially Misha worked at a local factory. I guess he really did manage with one hand. Well, that wasn't important to me.

I've loved my husband all my life. But he was depressed in retirement. Stress, sad thoughts. What do you do in the village if you are depressed? Drink, of course. There are no other options. Another thing is that when you start drinking, your depression only gets worse. But this is a well-known vicious circle, not he first, not he last. The kids, thank God, have grown up, so I'm glad they didn't have to see their father like that. Strangers.

Anyway, Michael agreed to meet me a couple of times, and I was even curious what that might lead to. I myself am an old-school woman and always try to make a man full and not feel uncomfortable. So, having invited Michael to my house, I deliberately cooked a lot of food. Not some fresh porridge, but all the best. I thought I'd give my new boyfriend a little slack. But it turns out not everyone likes my cooking.

I stood by the stove for half a day, even hungry myself. But I thought it would be fair to do what we always did on holidays: in the morning, eat what was lying in the fridge, increase your appetite. But dinner will taste better tonight. You can rest. Talk again. However, Michael turned out to be even more picky. I tried a few of my dishes, and that's it, hands on the table. As a woman, I felt a little uncomfortable. I was hungry and knew what was on the menu. That's why I wasn't too shy. But how can you not be ashamed if the guest does not eat and sits, just looking at you?

Then we started talking. I mean, like, Misha didn't like the fact that I still keep pictures of my ex-husband in the most prominent places. And I’m like this, the person with whom we have children, with whom we have lived so long, can not at one moment become nothing to me. Besides, these are just photographs. If you're a guest and you don't like something, is it polite, straight in the face to say that you don't like it in someone else's house? I think it's just disrespectful to me as a hostess.

But at the time, I gave Michael a break. He doesn't know what my thoughts are. You have to get used to each other, get used to each other. That's why I didn't say anything. If I were to answer, who would be worse off? No one's better off.

Then we started talking about children. I praised mine as best I could. Because I am happy with who they grew up with. The daughter married well, now lives in the city and grief does not know: her husband provides her with everything. Isn't that supposed to be important to a woman? Especially for her mother? The son also tried, learned and went to a completely different area. Unfortunately, we don't communicate as often as I would like, but I know he's fine and that makes me feel better.

Peels Misha began to complain about his only son. He also said that he does not call or write. And then I made a remark, saying that my children could stay with me, I have plenty of room. But I understand that Sooner or later, the birds will leave the nest. So we have not reached a compromise on this issue either. And in the end, Michael expressed the opinion that my house is big, but there is nothing to repair. And since my ex-husband didn't do it, it's bad the kids aren't helping. I was starting to get angry. Criticizing my children, who are you?

I didn’t want to leave him, I wanted to say goodbye and do my own thing. Or at least go to bed. It's been a tough day. But Michael also managed to express himself: you see, he understood where everything was going. But since we are adults,He doesn't want a relationship without a stamp on his passport. I have many neighbors, how will they look at him? How did you live? So he's willing to be my husband. Even though I don't seem to have a choice.

I had to tell this groom everything I thought of him. And photos, and children, and his thoughts. It wasn't long, but loud. He left with a smile. We never saw each other again. Here we go. You treat a man with all your heart, and he shits at her. What am I saying? Women should not listen to their neighbors about their lives. There is no sense in this, and going to someone’s direction is a bad decision. It is better to learn to live alone than to tolerate a stranger in adulthood. And it'll be better for the nerves, I think.

Tags

See also

New and interesting