When the son left his wife for another woman, I said that he would not get an apartment, I would sign for my granddaughter, but now I doubt my decision.

There is much debate about what a modern family is. As time goes on, other cultures are not so distant. For a long time there are no such principles as they were before. For example, statistics show that more and more couples file for divorce in their first years together. On the one hand, this is a negative dynamic. But on the other hand, people began to feel freer. Women walk away from drinking or toxic men. And men do not tolerate walking women. You wouldn't have thought of that 50 years ago.

It is clear that people in the mass ceased to treat marriage as something sacred and inviolable. Now it's more like a stamp on a passport. But let’s not forget about legal literacy. Sign a contract before the wedding to protect your assets - and marry as much as you like. The main thing is that it does not interfere with others, parents and, most importantly, children.

I really appreciate relationships within the family. I hate it when someone disrespects them or, God forbid, betrays them. So, not wanting to be a hypocrite, I came to the right conclusions about my son. He cheated on his wife and went to another woman. He left behind his six-year-old daughter. This action is very critical to me. So much for the modern family.

So I took the day off with great difficulty and talked on the phone all day, first with my son and then with my daughter-in-law. I was in another country at the time. And even one day of truancy cost me money. However, I am happy to have taken this step. Why else do we need relatives at all?

And even though my son told me how incompetent his mother was, how unhappy he was with her, I was adamant. The apartment they lived in was mine by all accounts. But from that moment on, I banned my son from wearing it. Let him live with his new woman. That's the only way. If he has the conscience to go left, let him stay there.

I conveyed my sincere apologies to Vera. Said I was totally on their side with my granddaughter. So now they can stay where they lived, as long as they want. I'm gonna get home, I'm gonna do some paperwork, and I'm gonna sign up for my granddaughter. Since her father is such a person, let them quickly divorce and he pays alimony.

Vera, I remember, at first thought I would beg her to stay with my son. But then, as the conversation progressed, her voice became softer. At the end of the day, she thanked me, as she used to call me mom. I'm happy and I'll know my granddaughter is safe.

Unfortunately, apparently from nerves, my health began to let me down, and every month I began to feel worse and worse. Headache, tired. So after six months of work, I decided to go home. A month first, and we'll see. As the doctors say, it will. But all this time I worked and also sent money, but not to my son, but to my daughter-in-law and granddaughter.

When I got home, I warned my daughter-in-law that I might come to her for tea. I didn't even call my son. I thought I would probably meet him later, in person and on neutral territory. The next day after I arrived, I went to the store, took the guests and went to my own apartment, which I remember very well.

On my doorstep, I smelled the smell of tobacco. No one in our family, including me, had this habit, so it was weird. There were men's slippers in the room by the chair. I know my son, he doesn't understand why he wears slippers on a laminate floor, so I asked my daughter-in-law. “Vera, have you seen someone? ?

Peels I saw her a little embarrassed at first, eyes clearly running. But then she exhaled, looked at me seriously and said yes. Victor. She's been looking after her for two months. He doesn't live here, but he came in one day, and his slippers stayed. It happened, in general.

I am an adult, so to entertain the hope that the daughter-in-law after my son will not look for anyone, would be rather foolish. But, to be honest, I didn’t think about it at all. I guess subconsciously I was hoping that my son's life would still get back to square one. But apparently not anymore.

Well, let him. I promised to rewrite the apartment for my granddaughter, so I will. You have to keep your word. Especially since I have long planned to live in the countryside, as I wanted. Therefore, nothing special, I must say, happened. While I was thinking about all this, my daughter-in-law's phone rang. She apologized and ran to the other room to answer. I was alone with my granddaughter.

Peels Alice, wonderful kid. I love her so much that I would give her another apartment if I had one. How'd your dad ever leave you? What kind of man is that? But I got a thunderbolt. I called my granddaughter closer to me, gave her some candy or chocolate and asked her in her ear if she knew the uncle who was here while Dad was away. Zainka said yes, she does.

And then I asked her even quieter, so that Vera's voice, speaking in another room on the phone, was comparatively a scream. I asked, how long have you seen this uncle? And Alice, without hesitation, confidently replied: "About a year already." A year ago, she saw a man who left a smelly smell of smoke and his trampled slippers in my apartment. My son's only been out for 6 months. Is this what a modern family looks like?

Misha, my son, works on a rotational basis. He may not be at home for a long time. But, apparently, for at least 12 months, a replacement, Victor, came to Vera instead. But she chose not to mention it, while my son confessed honestly. After praising my granddaughter and asking me not to tell my mother about our little conversation, I stayed to drink tea with Vera and listened for another two hours to her sweet lies about plans for the future and "a new, promising job."

For the next two weeks, I just went to the doctors and thought about nothing but my health. But the time has come for some decisive action, and I must confess, I have reached a dead end. I don't know what to do.

On the one hand, they both stand as a son, as a daughter-in-law. On the other, I feel sorry for my granddaughter. In fact, she already has a stepfather. What should I do to give the apartment to? Her or him? Or spit on everything and keep it for yourself, and then let them live as they want. I'm not young anymore and I want peace. I did not even think that in old age I would have to get into such a cycle of lies and deception.

Tags

See also

New and interesting