When my sister left for work, she promised that she would come back and buy us a house, but it turned out that these promises were worthless.

No matter what country a person lives in, a house or apartment will always be relevant for him. After all, you need to live somewhere, and preferably without spending most of your monthly salary on this business. But can I buy a house?When you're young and full of energy? Or is it better not to waste time and energy and shoot something simpler?

In America, for example, most of the population all their lives renting housing and not worried about it. Why, if there is confidence that they will always have money for rent? But Eastern Europe, on the contrary, seeks to acquire its own living space first. Why? Well, maybe that's the tradition. Or so it was historically. Who do you think is right about this?

My younger sister Masha is a Scorpio in the zodiac sign. And believe me, I've never believed in these stupid superstitions before. But recently I have not been so clear on this issue. Honestly, perhaps the date of birth or time of year really affects the character of a person. Very likely.

The age difference is just under three years. Since I am older, you see, all my childhood and youth I was a nanny, mother's assistant, who was supposed not only to help in the upbringing with her sister, but also to do some work for her. And make sure that the sister somewhere did not fall or hurt. The older children in the family should understand me.

Again, we learned differently, too. I went to school to really learn something new. Something I could use in my life. And Masha came there like a party. See your friends, spend time together. She had average grades, nothing catastrophic. But she received them not for knowledge, but for beautiful eyes.

At the same time, we were always very close. I understood it at some point in time: overprotection on the part of parents, the inability to decide their fate. And she understood that I sometimes have a hard time with her and have to sacrifice my time and effort, just to make mom and dad comfortable. Well, what can I do? It's like it is.

And then a terrible thing happened. I was walking home down the night alley, crossing the road. Well, all the classics: drunk driver, screeching brakes, I flew a couple of meters from the "zebra", which was walking. Hospital, sad faces of relatives, stroller. So far, I only move around with it, although doctors promise me year after year that another revolutionary treatment is about to be tested. It's all wasted.

At that time, we both graduated. I wanted to go to a warmer country. And Masha was in the midst of another relationship. Because of my injury, I couldn’t go anywhere. Although contacts were already established and I was even booked a workplace. It was a shame, you can’t even imagine how. Then, in order not to burn such a good opportunity, I turned to Masha and suggested that she go instead of me. A couple of years in beautiful Greece has never made anyone worse.

Mary, of course, had her own plans for the future, and even a young man. But after 3 days, she came to me and said she agreed. The young man already enjoyed freedom from relationships, and she was ready for new people and emotions. The parents, of course, were unhappy. But there was nothing they could do. So I stayed with them, and Masha flew to the country of my dreams. This is the unfair pirouette of life.

We agreed to call often because the manager's job at Mashe's restaurant was almost unknown. So I could help her with that, at least by video link. As an older sister, I could offer some advice. That's what happened. Mary was put to work with people. Good thing we both had no problems with English. Everything went as usual, and I was even glad that my sister didn’t fail the interview on the first day, and even received praise from the employer.

After two years, Masha was transferred to the post of administrator. Because of her innate ability to find an approach to people, clients were delighted by her sister. She's got a good tongue. In general, I must admit, she was very good. All this time, we talked to her and agreed that if she had the opportunity to earn money, she would buy a house in our city, and we would live there. She's with some handsome husband. So am I, if there is a suitable man.

To be honest, it was her offer, which I didn’t even believe at first. I thought my sister wouldn't stay in another country for six months. But over time, she never forgot to remind me of her offer. And things were getting better. So somehow I believed her promise myself. In addition, it turned out that I had a man. Very nice and caring.

It has been 5 years since she moved. Not much has changed in that time. Yes, there's a man, that's important. But the job hasn't changed, nor have the places I've been to. Home, work, city walks. That's it, I guess. And Mary's life has been a key all this time. Sometimes it was even enviable to talk to her. But we're sisters. I was wondering if I could buy a house in our city, looking for options.

Recently, she told me that she had been asked. Some young upstart. His father has a chain of restaurants. The sister said she would refuse him, but it was clear from her face that it was not accurate. So she glowed with joy and happiness. I tried to gently remind her of her promise. We are going to live in our city together. And you'll be fine.

But her reaction was not what I expected. She just laughed and praised my memory and my sense of humor. So I realized that I should not have trusted Mary from the very beginning. And I, stupid, believed it. It was a bit hard to keep smiling and keep the conversation going. But after it was over, I at least got my fill.

Right now, my focus is on my work and the young man. I think this is my best and best decision. My sister called me several times. But I didn't pick up the phone, citing employment. I plan to minimize our communication down to the usual text messages on holidays. Otherwise, what will I lose? Stories about a beautiful life and dozens of suitors? No, to each his own. Being a babysitter when my sister is little and being a psychologist when she's grown up is, you know, not for me. Your own time should be appreciated.

Tags

See also

New and interesting