For many years I envied my sister and her luxurious life, but she recently returned from Italy and stunned me with her offer.

I never thought female envy would overshadow my sisterly feelings. Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened. I am 48 years old and my younger sister, Olga, is 39. Recently, she came to Ukraine from Italy and offered to meet. When I saw her, Olga surprised me with her offer.

Female envy in sister relationships

My sister and I were born and raised in the countryside. We always had something to do: garden, cow, pigs, geese, chickens. In addition, there are flower beds around the house that need to be taken care of, and a garden with fruit trees. Well, I'll give you more work. I always wanted to get out of my parents’ house and go to the city.

Fortunately, after graduation, I went to university. In the second year, she got married. Soon my husband and I had our first child, Dimka’s son. Two more years passed and a sister was born. My husband and I named her Anna after my mother. In another year, ours The family was replenished with a third child And she got a lot of kids.

While motherhood took all my time and energy, Olya remained in the village. Our mother had fallen ill and needed someone to look after her. The sister took care of all the work of the house, garden and livestock. At first, I managed to cope with this scale. Later she left only chicken and cow. My mother was getting worse and needed constant help. Olya replaced us with a nurse, a cleaner, and a cooker.

While I was enjoying the growing up of the children, my sister looked after my infirm mother from morning to night. Of course, three spinworms is hard. You can forget about quiet meetings with friends, as it was before marriage. Where there, even in the shower to go normally banal not enough time. But at least I had some variety. My husband tried to help me after work. Olga was left alone with our common mother.

I suggested that my mother’s house should be taken over by Ole Sister to understand that there was no way I could physically go to the village and help her. Olya courageously devoted herself alone to her mother. I don't know what I would do without my sister. I don’t even want to think about a nursing home. But hiring a nanny or nurse was also not enough. In gratitude to her sister, she suggested that our legacy – my mother’s house – should go to her. It would be unfair to share it. And Olya agreed.

Years later, I regretted not selling the house and splitting the money in half. I did not stay in the city out of whim, but raised three children. It is difficult to talk about a large family! Of course, the sister stayed to look after her mother. She had no additional responsibilities or responsibilities.

From an old house in the village, the sister made a luxurious dacha After her mother left for a better world, Olya went to work in Italy. Her life is getting better. I found myself a good job, began to dress expensively and tastefully, go to restaurants. I just dreamed of such luxury. Our family was provided only by my husband, and there was always not enough money. All I had to do was watch Olya remodel an old house in the village. Little by little she managed to change it beyond recognition.

The sister has completely upgraded the plumbing. Made a fresh, fashionable renovation. I ordered new furniture and carpets. A couple of years later, I renovated the yard. Now, instead of a garden around the house, there was a perfect lawn. I put a gazebo in the garden. To be honest, I was very jealous of her. Every time I came to the village, I was surprised to see that her house was getting better.

In the city, my husband and children were crowded into an old small apartment. I couldn’t even afford to wear new clothes. The money was constantly spent on the needs of the children. Mine. My relationship with my sister deteriorated.. I didn’t know why she was so rich. Yeah, she helped us. She regularly gave gifts to her nephews. I have always tried to bring all kinds of delicacies from Italy. But I didn't want to see her anymore.

Women's Envy, or The Meeting That Changed Everything The last time we visited her in the village was a week ago. I came up with a few reasons to stay in town, but my sister insisted on seeing me. In the village, Olya told me she wanted to give her house to us. She had a man in Italy for a long time. They are serious, and most likely she will not come to Ukraine again.

He says he'd be happy if my husband and I moved here. At that time, our son and eldest daughter lived separately. Dima married and moved out, and Anya married and went to her husband. Only the youngest one is left with us. Now there is an opportunity to give Lisa an apartment in the city. My husband and I would move to the village.

My sister's proposal came as a surprise to me. I became so distant from Oli out of envy that I was sure that there was no worse person to find. Women's envy is a terrible thing. All these years, I thought she was a squirrel. Me. It was embarrassing.. I still can't believe my sister decided to sign her house for me. She could have sold it. But no, I decided to give this gift to my family. For years, she invested hard-earned money in the house, and now she just gives it away.

Tags

See also

New and interesting