My husband died suddenly, and his children just put me out of our house, no one cares about my fate.

What does it mean today? womanless? Yeah, actually, it's nothing special. No drama or censure. Even if she's way over thirty. You can find a job at any time. You don’t owe anyone anything and you feel at home everywhere. You want to drive, work as a taxi driver. But some 20 years ago, no one could even think about it.

And here's what's interesting. It would seem that in this case everything should be unequivocal. At least for women. But the trouble is, if you dig into people's comments, just in conversations on the street, it turns out that many women do not support this attitude. Moreover, they openly condemn unmarried women who live for their own pleasure. Interesting, huh? While men are quite one-stage on this issue: they, by and large, simply do not care.

Hello everyone, my name is Olga. I am 53 years old and have recently found myself living in a two-bedroom apartment with my daughter, her husband and their two children. I literally sleep in the bathroom because there is no other way. I don’t even see how this situation can be corrected. Do you think I spent all my money on betting, bad habits, or pyramid schemes? No, not at all.

A couple of years ago, I lived in a nice private house located in the city. I had a beloved man who paid attention to me, gave me gifts and even indulged a little. And that's our age! I didn’t even know how lucky I was then. But it goes away, and that's gone. I will try to explain everything to you if I can. Sorry, writing on nerves, and typing on a tablet is not my thing.

In general, my first husband left me with a daughter, a nervous breakdown and unpaid alimony. He drank a lot, shouted and often hit the table with his hand, proving that he was the real owner of the house. Naturally, we had to separate. Where he is now, I have no idea, and I am not interested.

I raised my daughter like a single mother. It was hard, but it worked. Nastya graduated well from school and entered the institute. It was around this time that I realized that my daughter was already quite independent and I didn’t need to give her all my attention anymore. Maybe it would be too much for someone, but I decided so. And while my daughter was studying and living in a dorm, I started dating new men.

I admit, sometimes you have to accept that it's just not yours. That's what happened to me. I thought it would be crazy fun and romantic to date like when I was young. Meet new people and have a great time. But I was disappointed: every first man wanted one thing from me. It didn't smell romantic. I thought I was a woman without a husband forever.

So soon my attempts to find the one just stopped. I returned to work mode and began to just disappear in the evenings, taking part-time jobs and more and more tasks. It had its advantages: I was promoted and moved to another office space. That's where I met Timothy. A beautiful man, a father and my future fiancé.

We got together very quickly and went to live with Timothy. He was a widower, so for a long time he lived only with children in his beautiful house. My kids didn’t notice me at first. But then, realizing that their father and I needed each other, we started talking to me. For a while, I thought we were friends.

About six months later, the daughter got married, and a year later she had children. Doubles. I was incredibly happy, so without hesitation, I signed my apartment for my daughter. Because it makes sense, and I was going to live with my man. By the way, Timothy did not mind at all. After that, he even made me an offer, which I certainly accepted.

We lived beautifully. We worked together, but even being around all day didn’t feel tired or annoyed. We could just sit next to each other and not talk at all. We were good around anyway. I didn't think I'd ever feel that way again. But Timothy awakened them in me.

I knew he had heart problems. He once mentioned it, but like all men, only casually and then in the form of a joke. When Timothy died, it was a complete shock to me. A young man, with no signs of excess mass. No bad habits. It's such a grief. I could not recover for a long time and a couple of weeks did not go to work. I don't remember that period very well, I think my brain just ripped it out.

But it got even more fun later. When the children of Timothy, my beloved man, “begged” me to leave. They said to pack because they don't want to live in a house full of memories. So they want to sell it as soon as possible and leave the country. We always wanted to. And I am. Wherever I want, let me go. It's not their problem.

I had nowhere to go back, you know. Just back to my daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren. I was so ashamed to come to them! But what can I do, do not sleep on the bench or under the church? That's my situation now. In a word, hopeless. At work, they said they couldn't help, what a raise.

So yeah, I'll think about it. Maybe we can shoot some box on the outskirts of town, I don't even know. But at my age, start all over again. It's probably too late. But on the other hand, there is nothing to do. We have to move on. We'll see what happens. But I'm not gonna make a new relationship. Neither morally nor physically. Enough. Now I'm a woman without a husband. It's time to learn to live alone.

Tags

See also

New and interesting