My mother-in-law brought us a bucket of cucumbers for leaven, but there were only large and old vegetables, but she did not spare her daughter.

Now summer and to the classic question "where to put zucchini" is added another, no less pressing. What to do with big cucumbers? After all, if you do not appear in the garden for more than three or four days, cucumbers can turn into real giants that are not suitable even for salad. What about them?

In general, there are several answers to this topic. Mostly conservation, of course. But only for this case, cucumbers need to be cut first. It's an amateur, though. No matter how hard you try, the bigger the cucumber, the worse it tastes, what you don't do with it. Even the Chinese like to rub such cucumbers on thin plates and squeeze from excess moisture. Although even they admit that with vegetables of ordinary sizes, the dish only gets tastier. What a pity.

I am used to the fact that mothers always love sons more, and they treat their daughters more coolly. It was in the family of my friends and acquaintances. In fact, they say the same thing on the internet. But not in my husband's case. I'm serious, my mother-in-law treats it like some kind of youthful mistake, if not worse. They talk, but deeds speak more than words.

For example, let’s start with the fact that my father-in-law was working in another country for some time. And all the time she sent money and gifts. But if she gave her son some nonsense, like T-shirts or a few pairs of socks, then for the daughter, the presents were more significant. Expensive cosmetics, appliances, dresses. It's really easy to compare.

Then when my brother's sister got married, her wedding present was a two-bedroom apartment. Moreover, not an ordinary Khrushchev with antediluvian repairs, but a normal such living space, in a new, brick house. I've been there a few times and I'll tell you these gifts are expensive. Although the sister-in-law, it seems to me, even normally did not thank her parents for such a cool surprise. Well, it's personal.

Do you know what kind of gift my husband got when we got married? Promise! A very important promise is that after a while his parents will move from their city apartment to the village house. And then he and I will live in that apartment like kings. It's got 3 rooms! Although, the renovation is old and the area is not the best. But the mother-in-law promised that everything would be so. When is another matter.

And for now, we live in a rented apartment, albeit on decent terms. We pay for it every month, but that’s not all. My husband’s “mummy” began to command, saying that our future family nest should be put in order. Repair, a little remodeling. And that takes money. So now we pay for that, the promised pleasure.

Not to say that I am very happy with all this, but I have no choice. The thing is, Andrey, my husband, makes money for both of us, and he has the right to dispose of his money as he pleases. Especially since he loves his mother madly and always goes to meet her. I spend my salary, if you can call these pennies at all, personally on myself. We haven't had kids yet, so we have a chance. We will have to think about the overall budget...

But I wanted to share with you the reason why I still quarreled with my mother-in-law and even a little bit with my husband. But I'm sure it was worth it. Your principles must be upheld at all costs. Otherwise, slowly, a little bit, the mother-in-law would definitely climb on our family's neck and hang up his legs. I know that for sure.

In general, she recently came to us and brought a bucket of cucumbers from the garden. You think a whole bucket should be a lot, right? But in fact, there were no more than 5-6 boars, as we called large and old cucumbers in childhood. I don’t know what to do with the big cucumbers. Such vegetables, in fact, it is customary to leave in the garden, because there is no sense in them. But her mother-in-law brought them to us, she waited for Andrey’s gratitude and complained for half an hour how difficult it was for her to take them to us.

But what to do with big cucumbers in general? I wanted to say that this is all martyshkin's work and I'm not going to cook such cucumbers. But after thinking, I decided to keep quiet. And in the evening of the same day, my husband and I went to visit his sister, literally, for tea. And you know what I saw on them? A bath full of small, fresh pickles. All one to one, no more pinky. They lie in cold water and wait to be preserved.

Peels I, of course, found out that these cucumbers were brought by a father-in-law. Although her daughter said she doesn't like to do conservation, so she doesn't even know why she's doing so much. I couldn't stand it. The next day my mother-in-law called and told her everything. What I think about this and not only that. I think she treats her own son like a child. So much has been said.

She, of course, also did not remain in debt, called me a fif and a content. And I called Andrew to smear me in his eyes. It was like I was expecting something else. And on the evening of the same day, when my husband came in agitated, we had a little scandal. Then, of course, we made up. But, as they say, the sludge remains.

I do not know where this will lead, but I am not going to be silent and I will not. I could tolerate such an attitude towards myself - I do not care about the attitude of my mother-in-law to me from the high bell tower. But my husband is just humanly sorry. His mother uses it and is not ashamed of it. Your daughter loves you, don’t understand what you do.

And I believe that I, the wife, should be the closest person to the spouse. Especially with a mom like that. I hope that in the future Andrew will understand this and draw conclusions. In the meantime, this is the situation. How stupid and short-sighted men are sometimes. You just look and wonder!

Tags

See also

New and interesting