Salted cucumbers according to the old recipe, and they all spoiled, I do not understand what went wrong.

Each hostess has its own way of pickling cucumbers in a jar. So I had a great proven recipe, tried for years. The cucumbers were always cool and crispy. But not this time. But everything in order.

I went to the market this weekend for vegetables. I saw beautiful cucumbers from a woman and decided to buy them for pickling. I thought they were good and took a lot. At home, they had their jars rolled, they were salted according to the usual recipe. Two days later, I noticed something was wrong. I opened the jar and saw all the cucumbers decomposed. All of them, all the banks.

I've never had that. Then I decided to ask for help from wise housewives. They suggested what could have gone wrong. And today's edition. "Site" It will tell you what mistakes when pickling cucumbers can lead to sad consequences.

After consulting with experienced housewives, we identified several possible reasons why all cucumbers spoiled. First, it can happen if you add a little salt or forget about it altogether. This also happens if you add iodized salt instead of ordinary salt.

However, I remember exactly how I measured the most common salt, so I ruled out this cause immediately. But still it is worth saying: always strictly adhere to the recipe and add the necessary amount of salt.

Secondly, before pickling, you need to soak the cucumbers well in cold water. If this is not done, the twists may not work. Women assumed that this was the cause. But the cucumbers stood decently in the water. That reason was also discarded.

Theories about poor-quality spin covers and the wrong timing for the whole process have also been dropped. One of my friends seriously argued that this happens when you close cucumbers on a full moon. But I haven’t even considered these theories, I don’t believe in them.

The last and, perhaps, the main reason for the unsuccessful pickling is bad cucumbers. After discussing all the options, we came to the conclusion that it was in them. Most likely, when growing cucumbers, they overdoed with fertilizers. Such cucumbers are not at all suitable for spinning. And then we came to the conclusion that the most important thing is to choose good cucumbers.

Of course, it is best for this to suit homemade cucumbers that were grown by conscience. But not everyone has the opportunity to get one. You have to be careful when you go to the market. First of all, it is better to go to the market in the morning to catch fresh vegetables that have not been in the sun all day.

It is also worth choosing cucumbers on which dirt is noticeable. That means they weren't washed. During washing, the skin can be damaged, it will affect their taste when preserved. Then you should pay attention to the color. Cucumbers should be dark green, not bright. It is these varieties that are most delicious when salting. Carefully ensure that there are no yellow spots on vegetables.

You can also focus on the thickness of the skin. For pickling, cucumbers with a thin skin are good. It is worth paying attention to the bumps. If they are black, then cucumbers are ideal for pickling. Of course, it is difficult to determine by eye whether cucumbers were grown correctly or not, but it remains to hope for luck.

That’s how the usual case turned into a detective investigation. But now I figured out how to pickle cucumbers in a jar so that nothing happens to them. Here’s a recipe I’ve been using for years. After my failure, I tried again. And the other cucumbers were fine. Now the pickles are waiting for their time.

I hope that all your conservation will succeed and will not suffer the fate of my cucumbers. Good luck!

Tags

See also

New and interesting