Alexei took the money and went to his ex-wife, she just made homemade dumplings, which he had not eaten since he left her.

Alexei was discouraged: yesterday he learned from his sister that Yana, his only daughter, was getting married. In the morning he went to Luda, Janina's mother. According to her appearance and cheerful voice, he suggested from the threshold: the ex-wife is happy. In addition, in front of the door to the apartment, it was heard that she was singing the Ukrainian folk song “Oh, the devil went for mushrooms.”

Ex-wife happy - Oh, hello! What a surprise! – interrupting the singing, opened the door of Luda. - Come in, Lesha. Will you have breakfast with us? Yana's about to be back with sour cream. Remember, on Saturdays, when our student came, I used to make dumplings? Cherry tonight. Me and Janochka sculpted together...

- I wasn't really fixated on that. But I can't say no to breakfast. In the meantime, take this, the envelope was handed to Luda, here is $500. I'll add it later. But why did I not learn from you that my daughter is getting married?

- Thank you, it's not a rush, in three months. And the young people decided to take care of themselves. They're on their own. I can't rejoice... Your money, if you want, we'll put in a gift from you. But I haven't figured out what to give yet. Do you have any ideas? – slapping at the stove, animatedly spoke well-groomed and rejuvenated Lyuda, not forgetting to add appliances for an unexpected guest. Alexei has so far dispensed with interjections and promised to think about a gift. And he made sure that his intuition did not deceive him: indeed, without him. ex-wife happy... And he does not try to hide it, as, indeed, does not expose his state.

Going to wash your hands before feasting on your favorite dumplings, Alexey saw behind the glass door of the locker expensive hair and skin care products, which before Luda did not allow herself, since Yana studied in the capital, it was necessary to allocate part of the family budget there. The situation has changed markedly. And the usual interior has changed: his things were not, it is clear. But near the hanger there was a hiking backpack and thorns not Yaniny, but Human-sized. On the dryer hung a one-piece swimsuit, clearly not the Yanin style, and there is no need for her daughter, who arrived late at night for two days, to go to the pool in the morning ...

As we sat at the table, the phone rang. Lyuda, apologizing, went into the corridor, from where her remarks came:
- Let's move the shopping tomorrow, grab Yana, she's free all day, and today she's dating her girlfriends. I want to hear her opinion about our dresses at their wedding with Oleg. I suggest moving the pool to today. Yeah, you're right: it's time to burn calories after dumplings. All right, then up to five...

“Did Allochka call?” asked Jan and, receiving an affirmative answer, turned to her father:
- Dad, did you notice how Mama got fit? It's because of the pool.
- And daily walking, added Luda, now I do not have to hurry to cook and wash in the evening. To work and home on foot. The weather is usually, as you say, flying.

Alexei returned home, remembering how well they sat, in a family way. But he felt not only joy, but also some annoyance. What's wrong with him? Did he get so upset about the real homemade dumplings he probably hadn't eaten in over a year? It's about three. That's how I went to Raisa, never ate. She does not like them and does not know how to cook. Says it's bad. It's not about tasty and unhealthy food, the man thought. What is it?

“People now looked somehow younger and more beautiful,” said Alexei, not even trying to forget how attractive the ex-wife looked in a light home trouser suit with embroidery.

The ex-wife is happy: what is the reason As if prompting him an answer to annoying thoughts, the favorite phrase of Leia Semyonovna, who lived in the neighboring yard and loved garden flowers to the point of mind, wrapped in her brain. “Remember, Leshenka, my boy, no one is as much for you as you are for yourself,” the aunt repeated, as soon as he, then a teenager, got into another trouble...

And I remember the evening when he announced to Luda that he was going to Raya - the woman of his dreams. It was not a dream, but a tearful eye. And then the hoarseness in the Human Voice when she said, "I understand you, Lesha." Good. Just please tell Jane about the divorce after the session.

Contrary to expectations, paradise was not created in marriage with Raisa. Not hell, of course, everything is tolerable, okay. But Luda seems to be radiating happiness, pleasure from life. “Why did she look dull and dull when we were together, especially after Yanin’s departure for the university?” thundered Alexei’s head as he returned home.

What do you think made a man think longingly of his ex-wife?

Tags

See also

New and interesting