Couple cakes, after which the fuss with the oven seems stupid

Here comes the rainy autumn. I want something like a warm summer. Today I want to share a recipe for a very delicate and airy dish. Who has ever tried a brand name? Ukrainian dumplings for a couple - he won't forget them.

This is one of the favorite dishes of children, which I cook according to the recipe of my mother and grandmother. Jams come out loose, hearty and large. I make with different berries and cottage cheese. So here's what we need:

The ingredients
  • 500ml kefir or yogurt
  • 750g flour
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • half-salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda (with slide)
  • cherry
  • dry-sand
  • 50g butter

Preparation
  1. To prepare dumplings, we need kefir with a fat content of 2.5 percent or homemade sour milk. Pour kefir into a bowl and add egg, salt, sugar and soda to the same. Baking soda with vinegar is not necessary, it will extinguish in an acidic environment. Stir the ingredients thoroughly, and then pour sifted flour. Add it in parts with a spoon, thoroughly stir to a homogeneous state until the dough is obtained.

2. The finished dough is laid out on the working surface, which must first be sprinkled with flour. Carefully stir the dough with your hands until it becomes soft, elastic, not too clogged with flour.

3. We'll be cooking dumplings for a couple. It is better to use a steamer, but not everyone has it at hand. Therefore, it can be replaced with a pan, which must be wrapped with gauze on top and covered with a bowl. Pour into a deep pan (5 liters) 1.5 liters of water. We put the pot on the fire and bring it to a boil.

4. Prepare dumplings: roll the dough to a thickness of 1 cm. With the help of an ordinary glass, we squeeze out circles with a diameter of about 7-8 cm in the test. From the circles we form dumplings, pour a little sugar and put our filling there - cherries, from which the bones must first be removed. Tightly pinch the edges of the circles so that the filling remains inside and the dumplings turn out.

5. We lay out dumplings on the steam bath: carefully place them on the gauze over the pan. Cover the dumplings with a bowl, not a lid - the dumplings will rise and should not stick to the wall. Leave them to prepare for a couple for 6-8 minutes. You need to cook not too long, otherwise the dumplings will turn out to be “rubber”.

Ready dumplings should be lubricated with butter and sprinkled with sugar sand. You can also cook with another filling and serve to the table with sour cream. I wish everyone a good appetite!

Tags

See also

New and interesting