We have swallows under the roof, and only now I found out what it means.

Swallows made a nest over the window. For me, the neighborhood was a bit unexpected, because we live on the eighth floor in the heart of the city. But it was so sweet! Birds from dawn to dusk swarmed behind the glass and did not pay any attention to the fact that their actions are often watched by the audience, that is me.

These birds are associated with something bright and kind. As a child, my grandmother used to tell me about swallows. From her I learned a lot of interesting information about these elegant birds.

Watching swallows, you can predict the weather. The birds came back from the south and it was summer. Swallows fly high in the sky - the weather is expected to be clear. the snouts fly very low - it will rain soon. Birds re-incubate chicks - summer will be long.

Signs related to swallows. If swallows made a nest on the house (under the roof, above the window), it will attract prosperity, harmony and coziness to the family. And the household will live happily and peacefully. People believe that swallows can protect the house from misery and negative energy.

These birds are considered good spirits. It is strictly forbidden to ruin the swallows of the nest, otherwise misfortunes and failures will fall on a person. If swallows have settled on your site, then in the near future you should expect good news and success in all matters. The bird is in the house, wait for the news.

Near what people settle swallows Swallows cheerfully chirping at the window and all the time something was done there in their nest. When they had chicks, what you would expect happened: the toddlers began to fend for themselves by sticking a ponytail out of a small hole that served as an entrance to their home. My husband was nervous, but I told him not to touch the nest.

I’ve seen this picture every summer at my grandmother’s. My parents took me on vacation to the village, and there swallows lived in every yard. Their nests could be found not only under the roof, but also in the barn. The birds were not worried that the door was locked at night. When the hostess went to milk the cow in the morning, the swallow calmly flew out to hunt insects. Swallows are used to living near human housing. During the incubation period, the female only occasionally looked out of the nest and watched as the grandmother brought order to the room.

The old lady also had sparrows under the roof. They did not fly anywhere in the winter, but occupied free houses of swallows. They stayed there until spring. When the swallows returned home, they shouted away uninvited guests. It went on year after year.

In autumn, our swallows flew to warm countries, and the nest was empty. No one looked after him all winter, and in March it was discovered that part of the swallow house had fallen off. I thought the birds wouldn't come back. Spring then turned out cold and protracted. Summer came late. But as soon as it warmed, I heard familiar sounds outside the window: swallows returned. Hardworking birds quickly rebuilt their homes and began laying eggs. We tried once again not to make noise in the apartment, so as not to scare the birds.

In ancient times, it was believed that swallows bring happiness on their wings. I don't know if it's true or not, but it never hurt. And the benefits in the fight against annoying insects, these birds bring a huge.

If swallows have nested in your home, do not drive away these noble birds. Trust me, luck is not far off!

Tags

See also

New and interesting