The man could not sleep and thought about how to get away from the woman who snores next to him.

Did you know that a married man is almost as likely to be abused by his wife as a married woman is to be abused by her husband?

Usually, victims of physical violence do not always seek help, declare what happened. Studies in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, the United States and New Zealand confirm the gender symmetry of violence. Aggressors of both sexes are guided by the same motives - the desire to assert their power over the partner and the desire to control the husband or wife as much as possible.

However, women are more likely than men to suffer from physical violence. The difference between the number of reported cases of women and men is about 6%. But it is not established how many of those who decided to remain silent, to forgive, to give "another" chance.

When it comes to psychological violence, women can give odds to men in terms of nagging, comparisons with the successful husband of a friend, deliberate ignoring, diktat in the family, whims, omissions, manipulations, hysterics - our arsenal is rich...

Imagine the plot: a second-time married man Gena tries to sleep, but his wife snores irritatingly, so he plunges into thinking about how to get away from Tamila to Carolina. And he's not just thinking about it now. It's just that until last night, Gena was convinced that it would be resolved quickly. After all, it was a year ago: Natasha told him that he had fallen in love with Tamila, and his wife, without going into details, said only:

- If you want, go. But if you leave, and then change your mind, know that I will not let you back, and went to sleep in the nursery, to five-year-old Nick.

The new marriage did not bring the expected delight. From the first days, Tamila said that they would live according to her rules, because this is her parental housing. Ten times a day she notices flaws in his behavior, friends, tastes, habits. And he calls, asks where, with whom, like Mary from a basket of pies. Almost never agreed with the Genin plans for the weekend. Natalia didn't do that. Yes, and snores Mila better than a companion in the compartment of the car...

It cooks, really, very well, always looks great, does not work out, even such... And he missed before dinner, deciding suddenly to announce that they needed to break up.

The wife calmly replied that he did not think so. He decided to open the cards:
- You know, it turns out I don't love you. I loved the other one. Why should we be together? And I am a free man.
- Suppose you are not a free man, but a married man. Voluntarily, I would like to stress that the marriage. Your freedom must be in harmony with the freedom of your wife. I mean, my freedom. And it's about making our union lasting. Is love new? Well, as you fall in love, you will fall out of love. All the more so, you got your hand in it. Well, not a hand ... sneered Tamil. - I won't let go.

- How can you not let go? And pride? And the fact that I and you have the right to divorce, how?!
- I understand the right and risk of divorce so that you need to knit the lace of your life in marriage strong and beautiful, sorry for the pathos. And that makes me proud. And divorce is a hole in the lace fabric. No, I won't! I feel like you're thinking about staying. Because if you leave, someone will leave you, and someone dear, important to you. Maybe forever. It will go where no one will ever come back. That's how you can live with the thought that your act, your choice of "freedom" could become cause of misery?

Manipulation or truth? - Are you threatening?
- Why threaten? Remind me of responsibility, of possible answers to fate. Anything could be...

And Gene lies without sleep. And in my head throbbing: “Lake, too me!” The web weaves, not lace... It's karma. It's just a series of...

It's hard for Gennady, you can't argue. From his first wife and daughter left, straight and easy. I can't get rid of the second one, I guess. Did karma catch up? What about being married if your wife doesn’t let you leave?

Tags

See also

New and interesting