The man invited me to the restaurant, but when it came time to pay, somehow nervous, I decided to pay myself.

The man has to pay. on a date. This opinion is shared by many girls from post-Soviet countries. A romantic meeting, especially if it is the first, should turn into a small celebration. An event that the girl will tell her friends and brag about on social networks.

That's ideal, of course. Let German and other European women pair up with their boyfriends, since they have nothing to do. And here, a girl can only carry a makeup and a mobile phone in her purse. And how else to make a post in social networks with a photo of a new exquisite dish?!

The older a free girl gets, the better she knows her worth. So I’m in my “a little over 30” just started to understand the rules of the game called dating. Before, I didn't care what the guy would pick me up on. Will he have flowers with him? What it will look like and how it smells. I believed my feelings.

But life does not encourage such mistakes, and over time I have had to look at my new cavaliers. The town is small, so we should not overstate the bar. But on the other hand, everyone here knew each other. So if you were seen in the company of the wrong man, you had to prepare for the fact that in a few days there will be conversations. There's nothing you can do about it.

Peels I've been on several dates over the past six months and three of them have surprised me in their own way. Men nowadays do not try to impress girls. Someone hammered into their head that beautiful courtships and material expenses are somewhere in the past. Almost in the Middle Ages. And modern “knights” are only able to laugh foolishly, changing the topic of conversation, when they simply have nothing to answer.

Date first: an unobvious choice Young man, about thirty. In a nice brown jacket, glasses and fashionable hairstyle. We met him in the agreed place and went for a walk in the old district of the city. Dima was very passionate about telling me about her life, work, several hobbies. He seemed a little confused, but he wanted me to like him.

It was my day off, so I was in a good mood. I was wearing a favorite pair of sneakers and a loose suit. Nothing stopped me from walking for a long time. But the sun began to burn, and soon the face of my companion was covered with vapor. He did not dare to take off his jacket, so he quickly offered to sit down and relax somewhere.

Peels We stood literally at the fork. On the left was a nice restaurant with beautiful carved doors. And on the right were plastic tables, chairs under huge umbrellas, on which advertising of some cheap foam was displayed in huge letters. That's where Dima took me. I ordered nuts, squid rings and the very product whose advertising now flaunted over our heads.

After that, we did not take a long walk, but without support, the monologue of my shy companion began to fade quickly. I thanked him for his walk and went to rest at home. I had to get rid of the taste of salted squid.

Date two: a man has to pay Ignat somehow managed to get me to go out with him on Thursday. I don't even remember how he did it. In a word, you talked. I remember I was still working and had a full head of different numbers. What a romantic mood. I also regretted forgetting to take my shoes.

So we went to a pretty good place with a fancy name. I promised Ignat I only had an hour and a half of free time. Because on Thursdays I had to prepare some materials for the next day. The night before Friday is holy. So obviously, my boyfriend was preparing for a quick date and some frivolous chatter.

But that time I was so tired and the smells at the next table were so tempting that I decided not to rush anywhere. God be with her, that Friday. My feet were humming terribly, and the naive decision to go on a diet seemed to me at the time the stupidest possible. So I didn't do anything small.

The Cavalier ordered a "longdrink" and zedil it throughout the evening. I asked the waiter for a barbecue, a side dish, a plate of seafood and ice cream. I feel, if I offend anyone, like a typical accountant. Well, we all know that they're just serving lunch like that.

In general, at the end of the evening, my Ignat's look from the relaxed-in-love became anxious and a little nervous. It was noticeable not only to me, but even to the waiter who came to pay us. I decided not to torture a tough man and offered to pay for everything equally. Not without pretenses, he agreed.

Arriving home and finally changing into a home, I noticed that my phone was heated by unread messages. Ignat gave me a lot of compliments and questions about our future plans. That was, of course, sweet. But you do. A man I'm gonna pay for myself with? No, you are. How can he feed me and our children? And I can eat fried meat in the evening. What are these intermediaries for?

The third date: the age is not just a figure Michael immediately seemed to me that even grated kalach. No wonder he drove a foreign car of the year before last release. I admit, he would have been twice as young... Or he would have been his pretty son. But, alas. A man in his 50s, without children, with a hastily dyed mustache and a wicket just couldn't be on the same level as me. I knew that from the first second. But the beastly roar of the engine took my thoughts somewhere in the wrong direction.

We went for a ride in the night town. Not talking, just staring at the road. Thank God, Michael was a gentleman and his hands were strictly on the wheel, as it should be attentive motorist of his age. After boasting a few turns, a mustachioed man in the next seat invited me to dinner.

A cozy restaurant with pleasant live music. And why do my peers think these places are old-fashioned? But here almost always there is a twilight, and in such lighting gray and shallow wrinkles disappear somewhere, which even seems to be some magic. I wonder how many years do I look when I look at it?

But back to my rendezvous. Misha glibly told me stories from her own life that would surely impress an older lady. To me, they looked like ordinary stupid misunderstandings that could be corrected if you had a modern smartphone. But this is a different era, you have to understand.

The evening ended on a major note. I was smiling and Michael looked happy too. It was clear to both of us that this was the end of our story. My brave gentleman paid off the waiter without skimping on the tip. And then I took the breeze to the house. A kiss on the cheek from me was well deserved. But, unfortunately, age is not just a number in the passport.

Well, the moral of this fable is this: the mores of modern men do not stand up to any criticism at all. They're trying to save money on us girls. Where else would you like to spend your money? Yeah, the older generation still holds the stamp. Unfortunately, it has its disadvantages. What's left for us girls? Why is it so complicated? Well, it was a lot easier in romance novels.

Tags

See also

New and interesting