A friend lives on a wide foot and every time buys, as before the holiday, decided to make her a comment

Everyone. man In my own way. Compare people with the same income. Take, for example, the same Maslow pyramid, at the base of which are basic needs, and at the top – the needs of self-realization. Now, what makes people different is how much time and effort they spend on each part of this pyramid.

The average person, logically, is somewhere in the middle. More down-to-earth people tend to provide their life, refrigerator and all that. Units, mainly creative natures, sacrifice a lot for the sake of self-actualization. For example, artists who can live ascetic, but the last money will spend on paint and canvas. So who's right?

I will tell you a story from my life. First a little about myself: married, 32. No kids, but we're planning. We live with our husband in the capital, we have a fairly ordinary, average salary - like everyone else. Family friends with another couple. This question has recently started to interest me. Which one of us is right?

Our friends live in the neighborhood. Like us, they rent an apartment. No kids either. However, they will have a little higher income: the husband found a job in the specialty and, as a result, he caught on well. They are great guys, we often meet together, we even went to the movies before, but now somehow more and more often there is not enough time even for this.

That's what I mean. After going to the supermarket, my husband and I never throw away a check to study prices at home, find out what and how much has risen in price over the past week. Don’t think about it, we are not tiny, just trying to save and keep your wallet in order.

Again, our standard diet is not distinguished by any excesses. Porridge, cereal, some chicken and pork. Bread, potatoes, vegetables and so on. Simple foods for simple dishes. If you want to eat delicacies, it is only if you wait for the holidays. This way we keep ourselves in shape, do not overeat and keep a good budget for some more important purchases.

And to be honest, I sometimes argue with my husband, urging him to save money for the future. We already have a little cup for baby stuff and all that. I don't think so. On a rainy day, there should also be funds. We are a family and must be prepared for unforeseen circumstances.

Now about our friends. Young, smart guys, too. But the complete opposite of us. Every day is like a celebration. No, don't think about it, they're non-drinkers. Just living to the fullest. Always. They go to the store like the day before the New Year. They only take the best. When we go to them, we are amazed.

There are always farm products on the table, full of expensive delicacies. I can’t remember the last time I updated my wardrobe and my friend has a new pair of shoes every season. Where does she put the old one? And if there is any tempting opportunity to go to rest – they are here.

It turns out that with a larger family budget than we have, they live from salary to salary. We even borrowed money a couple of times. It’s not that I’m complaining about it: they always gave it on time and invited us to the restaurant at their own expense. But what do I mean, it's completely irresponsible!

They also want children and want to become adults. They do nothing for their growing up. But they always walk happy, content, as if they really live one day. And my husband is very impressionable, and because of them I sometimes hear from him arguments like that we should let go of the reins a little. To live, if not on a wide foot, then at least on a “leg”.

Peels, you know. A bad example, a complete misunderstanding of the rules of life, no self-development. Just a holiday and an eternal weekend. I understand that a person enjoys life, but it is impossible. We are friends, so I cannot and will not look at such a position through my fingers. You have to decide something, do something.

Tell me, what would you do with my husband? They are our closest friends, the only ones. However, first of all, this situation is too embarrassing for me and I am considering stopping our communication for obvious reasons. And secondly, we are still quite young, so I think it will not be difficult to find other friends.

If anyone had a similar story, I would be very happy to know how you solved it. For me, this is very important, because in my opinion, it is best to learn from someone else’s example. You can weigh the pros and cons. We could also spend all the money we put aside on nonsense. Believe me, we'd love that. But what are we going to do when we have a baby or another situation that requires a lot of money?

Tags

See also

New and interesting