For a month, I collected a penny for my daughter-in-law for a gift, joyfully handed it to me, but a minute later my son approached me.

The gift of money has long been the most popular. It is no longer fashionable to buy huge sets or unnecessary figurines. It is better to give the envelope, let the person spend the money as he wants. That's what the heroine of our story decided. She kept raising money to please her daughter-in-law. But it didn't work out the way it was supposed to.

Editorial "Site" He's telling you the story of a woman who doesn't understand what she blamed on her kids. She had the best intentions.

My daughter-in-law recently had a birthday present. The date is round, so he and his son decided to celebrate in a restaurant. There are few guests, only the closest, but in a good place. My son reported this in advance, so I spent the whole month collecting money for my daughter-in-law. I put the envelope and put the bills in there. It took a lot of money, but what can we do?

My husband and I are now retired. Money's a little tricky right now. Our pensions are not bad, but spending has recently increased. The thing is, my husband got sick. All his life he worked in harmful production, that's the consequences. Most of the money goes to his rehabilitation. He is only 65 years old and wants a full life.

My son can't help us right now. He got married a couple of years ago and is now actively investing in the family. His wife is from a wealthy family, so he tries to match them. In a couple of years I was able to open my own store, and already made the first payment for the apartment. He didn’t ask his parents for anything. And we didn't ask him for anything, because he's not up to us now.

He rarely comes in, doesn't call at all. I am so proud of my son because he is so good. I miss you too much because there is no time left for us. So it was nice to be invited to our daughter-in-law's birthday party. And without a gift to go, so I began to postpone.

By the appointed date in my envelope gathered a good amount. At least I thought so. I even went to the bank to change it for a nice bill. I went to the party happy and satisfied with myself. At the party, everyone came and congratulated his daughter-in-law. I came up, too, and said some good things. I thanked my daughter-in-law for making my son happy. Then he handed the envelope and went to his place.

I had not had time to sit down before my son came to me. He called me to the kitchen. I see he has my envelope in his hand. The son himself looks unhappy. When the door closed, he handed me an envelope and said, "Mom, why are you embarrassing me so much?" I'd rather come empty-handed than with those pennies. That's not good enough for a manicure. Mother-in-law and father-in-law donated a thousand dollars. What's this?

I was confused and didn't know what I said. I took the envelope and immediately went home. Apparently, I was not as much expected at this party as I thought. It's been a week and my son hasn't called. I thought about all this for a long time. Maybe I should have given more money? I could borrow it and then give it back a little. But my son could understand me. He knows how hard it is for us right now. I don't know what to think.

It seems to us that the son acted with his mother very dishonestly and even vile. He knew how much he had to collect. It is clear that he reaches the level of his wife’s family. However, this is not a reason to offend parents. They gave him life and raised him as he was. At this age, it would be possible to help them with something, and not resent the mother for the gift. She didn't come empty-handed, really. What do you think about that?

Tags

See also

New and interesting