Nostalgia for old spirits, the smell of which is still impossible to forget

Remembering the spirits of Soviet times, somehow separately I want to talk about Dzintars. This Latvian company gave millions of Soviet women unrivaled fragrances. These are “Rizhanka” and “Rizhanin”, “Agat”, “Ave Sol”, “Latvia”, “Mila un Viltus”, “Consuelo”, “Prometheus”, “Mana Dzimtene”, “Modo” and “Iolanta”.

Today we will talk about the latter. Time for nostalgia! Editorial "Site" I have collected for you the most vivid and juicy memories of this smell.

Spirits of Soviet times "Iolanta" appeared in the mid-60s. It was the heyday of the perfume industry. This perfume intertwines notes of aldehyde, lily, bergamot, violet and fresh hay. Heart note is a combination of rose, sagemeg, jasmine, tuberose and vetiver. The plume is cybetin, ambra and musk.

Instagram / @anna_kadek - Mom's friend's husband was a pilot He often flew to the Baltics. From there I brought these perfumes as a gift to all women. My mom only wore them, recalls one of our subscribers.

The creator of perfume Bronislav Abramovna Shvartsman drew inspiration to create her fragrances from works of art. Inspired by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s opera Iolanta, she recreated the image of the main character in her fragrance. The aroma turned out very thin and tender, with a signature bitterness from Mrs. Schwartzman.

Instagram / @parfumery_lililiya_odessa The real beauty of these perfumes was revealed to me only through the front bottle. Thin, delicious, sublime aroma. Amazing perfume! – shares his impressions another subscriber.

What is the beauty of the perfume "Iolanta" In these perfumes, not only the aroma, but everything else was perfect. The perfume bottle is made in a grated style. And on the box was a print of lace with patterns of roses. And of course, the brand crown decorated both the box and the label on the bottle itself.

I wanted to wear this fragrance only on special occasions, in the opera, for example, or in ballet. He did not fit into everyday life. There was some kind of royalty in it, the subscriber recalls those days when she had the perfume of Iolanta.

“I only had small bottles of these perfumes. They were always in my purse. Very often it happened that the lid on the perfume cracked. And then the fragrance acquired the patina of a dense forest near the southern forest. I really liked his feature, recalls the romantic subscriber.

Instagram / retro.latvija.club After the collapse of the Soviet Union and the independence of the Baltic States, the Dzintars factory existed in the perfume market for a long time. New fragrances appeared, generations of their admirers changed. A lot of difficulties had to experience the brand. In 2019, the company was forced to declare insolvency. The factory's stores sold out the remaining products before closing.

The golden age for Dzintars fell on the 60-70s. At this time, the best smells and best memories of youth appeared.

What dzintars perfume was on your dressing table? Share your memories in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting