How to prepare puffs with tangerines in caramel syrup

Crunchy puffs are my childhood favorite. My mother could cook them very quickly. With a ready-made puff dough, we could enjoy tea with fresh hot puffs by late evening, although my mother would come home after six.

The beauty of such baking in various versions of its filling. Fillings for layers can be meat, and can be mushroom with greens. Puff dough goes well with everything.

But my favorites. puffs - with lemon filling, as well as with whole slices of tangerines. Citrus filler is one of the best, because the layered dough itself is quite dry.

Today I want to show you my favorite way to make tangerine layers in caramel sauce.

The ingredients
  • 250ml orange juice
  • 80g brown sugar
  • 2 mandarins
  • 100g butter
  • 500g puff dough

Preparation
  1. Get the stuffing ready first. Remove the tangerine skin, divide them into slices and remove the film.

2. Roll the puff dough and cut it with big triangles.

3. Narrow end gently cut in several places. At the wide end lay out slices of tangerines.

4. Roll the future puff in the shape of a small croissant.

5. Having made enough blanks, you can start making sauce. To do this, mix softened butter with sugar and orange juice.

6. Slowly heat the sauce in a water bath until it reaches uniformity.

7. Put the layers evenly on a small pan, pour them with sauce and sprinkle with sugar.

8. Heat the oven to 180 degrees, bake the puffs to a golden color. 5 minutes before preparation, the top of the layers can be lubricated with egg yolk.

There are a lot of such small layers. This snack is good for tea or coffee.

Did you know that puff pastry was first made in 1645? It was accidentally invented by a pastry student Claudius Gele. Wanting to bake the most delicious bread, he wrapped a piece of butter in the dough and rolled it. After repeating this procedure several times, Claudius baked the most unusual bread that could be!

Tags

See also

New and interesting