My husband decided that I should happily run to clean my mother-in-law's apartment, but that wasn't my plan.

People look at life differently and who should do what in it. It is because of this that misunderstandings and conflicts constantly arise. That is what happened in our history today. The husband decided that cleaning someone else's house is what his wife should do on weekends. Except she doesn't agree.

Editorial "Site" A story in which husband and wife could not find a common language. Is there anything we can do to help them?

My husband and I have been together for 5 years. All these years we lived calmly and without quarrels, but everything seems to have changed. Now I'm sitting at home and not working. My son was born four years ago and I haven’t been to work since. My husband insists that I create a home, and he will provide for the family. He makes good money, so I didn’t rush to work.

Honestly, I don’t like household chores, I’d rather work in the office. But since it happened, I learned to do everything well. In the summer I decided to clean the house. I even washed the curtains. When I put it back, my husband shone. He said, “Wow, it’s getting more comfortable.” Clean curtains are much better. I was visiting my mom the other day. She's got dust on her curtains. Do you want to go over there and help with the laundry? ?

I was surprised by this request, but I did not refuse my husband. I thought my mother-in-law needed help too, because we're family. But I soon regretted that decision. My mother-in-law decided to use my impulse fully. I spent all Saturday cleaning her house. In addition to the curtains, she made me knock out the carpets, wipe the dust on all the cabinets and shelves. Like, since you're here, help clean up all the dust.

After this cleaning, I barely came home. In this simple way, my husband sent me to clean up my mother-in-law several more times. Instead of spending Saturday with my husband and son, I was tearing down my mother-in-law's house. And to be honest, I always wondered why I was doing this.

Recently, my husband and I were sitting in the kitchen, talking about cleaning. And he suddenly said, "Marin, why don't you ever suggest that you go to your mom and help her clean up?" I thought you'd visit her from time to time and clean up. Or are you waiting for me to ask?

To be honest, I was taken aback by this question. I didn't think cleaning someone else's house was my job. My husband decided that I should do this. So I kind of jumped up and said it was actually his mother. And if he wants to help her with cleaning, then let him help himself, not pass it on to me. It is convenient to solve my wants with my hands.

To which he objected that since he provided for the family, it was also my duty to take care of my mother-in-law. He was clearly offended by my words. I decided not to stir up a quarrel and kept silent about the fact that his cheerful and energetic 55-year-old mother could still clean the house herself. So I just calmly said that this situation does not suit me.

I said I'd rather go to work and split my homework in half. Then everything will be fair. And for his mother, we can call the cleaning service, since she so needs help with cleaning. My husband was offended by my words, so he hardly speaks to me. But I don't understand where I'm wrong?

We think that the husband blamed on his wife too many obligations. We don’t think cleaning your mother-in-law’s apartment is part of the household. It's one thing to help with something complicated, but it's another to just send your wife to your mom as a housekeeper. The best solution for Marina is to find a job and not depend on her husband financially. And also to divide household chores equally, so that he too understood that this is not a holiday at the resort.

What do you think about that?

Tags

See also

New and interesting